Spinach and cheese sandwich is one of the easiest sandwiches one can make and best way to feed kids who hate spinach. I have added only salt as I made it for my kids. Please feel free to add black pepper powder or paprika or any other spice according to your personal preference.
Spinach is very good for health, contains more nutrients than any other vegetable, prevents any common disease, good for skin, reduces blood pressure and prevents asthma. Mozzarella Cheese contains calcium, protein, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin B12 and gives good strength to body.
I have used mozzarella cheese for this recipe. Instead of it, any cheese can be used.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 sandwiches
Oil – 2 tsp
Garlic – 1 tbsp
Onion – ½ cup
Spinach – 1 and ½ cup
Salt – to taste
Cheese – ½ cup
Bread slices – 4
Butter – 5 to 6 tsp
Method with step wise pictures:
1) Clean and chop the spinach and measure 1 and 1/2 cups.
2) In a pan, heat butter or oil. Add garlic pieces.
3) Add 1/2 cup finely chopped onion. Saute it till it becomes soft and translucent.
4) Add spinach and saute till it becomes soft.
5) Once the spinach shrunk in its size, add salt to taste.
6) Continue sauteing till the spinach cooked well without water.
7) Cool down the spinach mixture. meanwhile, spread the butter on one side of the bread.
8) Repeat the same with other bread slices.
9) Stuff the spinach and cheese mixture. Spread the spinach and cheese on top of one bread and place the other bread on top of this spread.Make sure the buttered side faces outside.
10) Place the bread slices on the hot tawa.
11) Turn it to cook the other side. If needed, add some butter.
12) Once the bread slices become golden brown, cut into two and serve hot.
1) It can be served as a morning breakfast
2) It can be served as a after school snack for kids.
1) The given quantity is sufficient for 4 bread slices and hence serves 2.
2) Increase or decrease the quantity according to the requirement
3) You may also add paprika or black pepper powder for little bit spiciness.