Mushroom Cheese sandwich Recipe with step by step pictures. Sandwiches make life easier during the hurry burry mornings. I prefer simple sandwiches but sometimes I make something like the one described here. It uses mushroom and cheese. Additionally the butter which is flavored with oregano and garlic to give a wonderful flavor and unique taste to this sandwich.
Add cheese generously for this recipe. I have used grated chedder cheese but any other cheese goes good as well. Mushroom leaves out water while cooking. Ensure to dry the water completely before stuffing for getting the crispy sandwich. The sandwich can be toasted over stove top using pan or in sandwich toaster/griller. The given measurement perfectly makes 2 sandwiches.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
10 white button mushrooms, sliced
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1/2 cup Sharp/Light chedder cheese
2 tbsp butter
a big pinch of garlic powder
a big pinch of oregano
4 bread slices
Method with step by step pictures:
1. In a pan, heat butter.
2. Once it is melts down, add the garlic. Fry till it becomes golden brown.
3. Add onion and saute till it is soft and translucent.
4. Add the sliced mushroom, salt to taste and ground black pepper. Mushroom tends to shrink while cooking, so add salt accordingly.
5. Mix well and cook mushroom. Mushroom leaves out water and cook.
6. Once the water is drained, turn the flame off and cool down a bit.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the butter. Mix butter, garlic powder and oregano. Mix well and make a creamy paste.
8. Take a bread slice and coat one side of each bread with butter.
9. To the other side, layer the cheese, sauteed mushroom and again top it with cheese. Close this bread with another bread facing the butter coated side to top.
10. Place this in a medium hot pan.
11. Cook both the side till it becomes crisp and golden brown. If you griller, place this stuffed sandwich in preheated griller and cook till the sandwich gets slightly crispy.
12. Slice and serve.
1. Serve it as a breakfast or as a evening tiffin.
2. It works perfectly for kid’s lunchbox and it can be served as an after school Snack.
1. Instead of toasting the bread over stove top, it can be grilled in the sandwich maker.
2. Instead of chedder cheese any cheese can be used.
3. Make sure the mushroom stuffing is dry for getting a crispy sandwiches.