Pineapple Fried rice recipe with step by step pictures – a vegetarian rice recipe with fresh pineapple chunks and red capsicum. It is very easy to make if the rice is already available in hand.
Both Freshly cooked, cooled rice and any leftover rice work out well for this recipe. Fresh pineapple and red capsicum gives a very appealing color for this rice which looks mouthwatering and tempts anyone to try.
There are many variations in preparing this fried rice but I follow this vegetarian method all the time as it suits my family anytime.
Other Pineapple Recipes:
Pineapple and Pomegranate juice
Other Thai Recipes:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 tbsp gingelly oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Bottom portion of 2 spring onions, finely chopped
¼ cup onion, finely chopped
¼ cup red capsicum, finely chopped
1 cup pineapple, cubed
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp red chilli sauce
Salt to taste
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ cup uncooked rice (cook it with ¾ cup water until al dente consistency)
Top portion of 2 spring onion, finely chopped
Method with step by step pictures:
1) Cook the rice with 3/4 cup of water until al dente consistency.
2) Heat a tablespoon of gingelly oil in a wok or wide kadai.
3) Add ginger and bottom portion of 2 spring onions. Stir it till the garlic turns golden brown.
4) Add onion and saute it till it becomes soft and translucent.
5) Add red capsicum and pineapple. Stir it and cook. Make sure to retain the shape of both pineapple and capsicum.
6) Add soy sauce, red chilli sauce, salt and ground pepper. Mix well.
7) Add rice and mix again without any lumps and the sauces coat the rice well.
8) Sprinkle the top portion of the spring onion and serve hot.
1) Serve it as a main course along with other thai dishes.
2) It can be served for dinner along with yellow curry, chicken drumsticks and any thai salads.
3) Suits for lunchbox as well.
1) Adjust the red chilli sauce according to the spice level needed.
2) Instead of red capsicum, you can use green capsicum as well. but there will be a mild taste difference. For a good looking fried rice, use only red capsicum.
3) Scrambled egg or fried prawns or chicken can be added for non-vegetarian variation.
4) Use Firm pineapple chunks for best results.