Cabbage Paratha Recipe with step by step pictures – A whole wheat flat bread mixed with chopped cabbage and other spices and cooked as paratha.
Cabbage paratha described here is easy to prepare as we mix the cabbage directly with flour and then we roll as paratha. In other method, the cabbage is sauteed and then stuffed inside the wheat dough to make paratha. I personally love the stuffed cabbage paratha but today we are going to see the other method.
One can either use fresh cabbage or sauteed cabbage for making this paratha. It is based on their liking. Thinly chopped cabbage helps you for easy rolling in this method. So make sure to shred or chop the cabbage correctly. It tastes better when eaten hot along with any pickle and curd.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 9 Parathas
1 cup Wheat flour
1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander leaves
salt to taste
Little less than 1/2 cup water
Wheat flour for dusting
Oil for cooking paratha
Method with step by step pictures:
1. In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, cabbage, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, coriander leaves and salt one by one.
2. Mix well first without adding water.
3. Then add water slowly and make a smooth and soft dough.
4. Cover it and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, divide the dough into equal size balls.
6. Dust it using wheat flour and roll it into a paratha.
7. Place it in the hot tawa. Smear oil both the sides of the paratha while cooking.
8. When both the sides cooked, transfer to a plate. It takes approximately 2 to 3 minutes to cook one paratha
9. Serve hot.
1. Serve it for breakfast or for dinner along with any gravy.
2. It also fits well for the lunchbox.
1. Serve hot for the best results.
2. Make sure to finely chop the cabbage which helps you to roll the paratha flawlessly.