We went for a birthday party last month and got M&M candy along with return gifts. No fans for this candy at home, It was sitting in my pantry for a very long time.
So, I decided to use this in cake or cookie and did a quick search over a web and found this irresistible cookie from this site. Believe me, those who didn’t touch the M&M candy, emptied the entire batch. I had to buy the M&M candy again for making these cookies again to share it with friends.
This cookie stays well for a week time and perfect to pack for a travel or picnic.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes+30 minutes cooling time
Baking Time: 10 to 20 minutes
Makes: 16 cookies
Butter – ½ cup, softened, at room temperature
Sugar – 1 cup
Egg – 1, at room temperature
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – ½ cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Milk – 2 tbsp
M & M Cookies – 1 heaped cup
Method with Step wise pictures:
1) In a wide mixing bowl, add butter and sugar.
2) Cream it until it is smooth.
3) Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix it until combined. The final mixture should be smooth and creamy.
4) Add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
5) Mix it until everything is combined well. The dough should be very thick.
6) Add 2 tbsp milk. Mix again without any lumps.
7) Add 3/4 cup of m&m’s and stir it.
8) Chill this dough for 30 minutes or overnight. I kept it overnight.
9) Next day, preheat the oven to 350F. Meanwhile take the dough out of the fridge.
10) Pinch a golf size ball and place it in the baking sheet with uniform interval.
11) Place & press 4 or 5 M&Ms on top of each ball.
12) Baking it for 10 to 15 minutes. The cookies will be crisp on the edges, but chewy in the center. Let the cookies cool down for 5 more minutes.
13) Once cool down, store it in a air tight container.
1) These cookies stays good for a week time.
2) Serve it as a evening snack or for lunchbox.
3) It can also be carried for the picnic or for travel.
1) Make sure the butter and egg are in room temperature.
2) The milk I added are boiled and cooled down to room temperature.
3) The cookie dough is very thick and it rolls well when kept in the refrigerator. I made this dough before going to bed and kept it in the refrigerator overnight and baked it in the next day morning.
4) I have used M&M milk chocolates candy for this cookies.