I just returned from a short vacation and still in the memories of those days and of course I was very tired. So I thought not to spend much time in kitchen today and take rest as much as possible. I left only few capsicums in fridge before going to vacation and they helped me to prepare a quick capsicum fried rice for lunch to day.
Do you know capsicums are fruits by any chance? yes, they are and they can be eaten raw form or cooked. Capsicums have very attractive colour among which red capsicums are high in vitamins and minerals than the other capsicums. They also differ in taste slightly from other capsicums. This capsicum fried rice derives the taste from all green, red and yellow capsicums.
Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Capsicum / Bell pepper – 1 cup, finely chopped (I used green, red and yellow colours)
Rice – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Green chillies – 2 minced
Onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Light soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 1 string, for garnishing, Optional
Olive oil – 3 teaspoon
1) Wash the rice and cook it using pressure cooker or microwave. Once cooked allow it to cool.
2) In a pan, heat oil and when it is hot, add minced ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute for few seconds.
3) Add chopped onions and saute till they are translucent.
4) Add chopped capsicums and sprinkle little water to cook them.
5) When capsicum is cooked and soft, add soy sauce and salt. Stir well for a minute.
6) Turn the flame to low and add rice. Mix it very gently.
7) Make sure not to break the rice and remove from heat.
8) Garnish with coriander leaves.