Another recipe from My e-cookbook collections. The recipe in the cook book was Spicy roti which used wheat flour and besan flour. At the time of preparation I didn’t have besan, so replaced it with powdered oats. Remaining all procedures are same. You can also use carom seeds instead of cumin seeds.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Idle Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 Rotis
Wheat flour / Atta – 1 cup + 1/4 cup for dusting
Quick cooking Oats – 1 cup
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Coriander leaves – 3 strings, finely chopped
Water – As required to make the dough
1) In a dry mixer/ coffee grinder, take quick cooking oats and powder it.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix wheat flour, powdered oats, red chilli powder, oil, salt, cumin seeds and coriander leaves.
3) Slowly add water and make smooth and tight dough. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
4) After 30 minutes, divide the dough into equal sized balls.
5) Roll each ball into round disc with the help of rolling pin. Use wheat flour for dusting.
6) Heat skillet / tawa. When it is hot, place the roti. Smear it using butter / oil. I didn’t use any of these two.
7) Turn to other side after few seconds to cook the other side.
8) Serve immediately. We had it with Fresh green peas masala with lemon wedges.
1) Use oil or butter to cook roti. I usually don’t add oil while cooking roti, so I didn’t add it.
2) Use maida or all purpose flour for dusting the rotis. This way you can avoid the white patches on the rotis to some extend.
nice clicks,.. different combination.. 🙂
Lovely healthy version for chappati I usually do this just to feed my H with oats in hidden form 🙂
wow.. too good..simply yumm
wow ..it looks fab …so tempting
another way to make use of oats 🙂 will try this method..
very very yummy n healthy…
Delicious and mouthwatering oats roti. Looks delicious.
healthy and yummy roti
Very healthy rotis dear
Come participate and win healthy Hudson canola oil hampers
Wow…….healthy oats roti looks fabulous.
Love the idea,delicious combo too
Delicious combination, looks tempting!
I always have a feel that this roti would be dry when compared to our normal chappathi..Love the spread totally, I should try this sometime..great
Wow ! That's an innovative and healthy idea !
Healthy and spicy Roti ..Wow!
Love this oats rotis, i dont bother to start my day with this rotis.
Wow.. Super healthy & yummy rotis !!
Very healthy and nice rotis. nicely presented too
Healthy roti,luks so soft and perfect…
loved the twist,yummy healthy rotis!!