There was time when I didn’t even taste a bit of
chocolate. As time passed things have changed. My husband introduced me
to Nutella, from then I have become an addict to it. Now I have started
eating dairy milk chocolate and my chocolate craving has
Fine, this is my last chocolate post for this week. I saw this pudding from Flavors which she adapted from RK’s blog.
The recipe called for simple ingredients and the method is also very easy
to prepare, I bookmarked and tried it few
I prepared this pudding in 4 small glasses. Served to my parents-in-law and to my cousin who visited that evening. Everyone liked the silky smooth texture of it. Fortunately while I mixed the chocolate,
custard mixture it formed few lumps (Not the dry lumps!) which added
a good texture and gave a dark chocolate taste to this pudding. Also I
didn’t add nuts to it. Overall, it is easy to make and worth a try.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Idle Time: 3 hours
Serves: 4 persons
Milk – 1 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 2 tablespoons
Granulated Sugar – 3 tablespoons
Custard powder – 2 tablespoons (see notes)
Nutella – 4 tablespoons
Nuts – 5-6, roughly sliced, for decorating (Optional)
1) Mix custard powder and cocoa powder in 1/4 cup of milk.
2) Pour the rest(3/4 cup) of the milk in saucepan and add sugar. Bring to boil.
3) When the milk is boiling, slow down the flame
and mix the prepared custard and cocoa mixture. Continue stirring to
avoid forming any lumps. Use one hand to stir and use other hand to pour
the mixture to the milk.
4) Continue stirring till the mixture starts thickening.
5) When it starts thickening, add nutella. Mix again.
6) Turn the flame off after a minute. Pour this to
the glass bowls/serving bowls and keep aside to cool down to room
temperature. Cover the serving bowl with cling wrap or aluminium foil.
7) Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. After 3 hours, remove the foil/cling wrap. Decorate it with sliced nuts and serve chill.
1) If you don’t have custard powder, substitute it with equal quantity of corn flour and a teaspoon of vanilla essence. I prepared this recipe using this combination as I didn’t have custard powder at the time of preparing this recipe.
2) Use more nutella if you love it.