I used to bake muffins quite often for my kid’s snacks box and this muffin which I picked it from this page comes to the first place as it doesn’t need egg and butter.
I use milk sometimes instead of water from the recipe below and the results are almost same. It is one of the great breakfast muffins and it never failed me till now. It needs just 10 minutes for mixing and 15 minutes for baking.
Enjoy this egg less, butter less chocolate muffins!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time:15 to 20 minutes
Makes: 6 muffins
Please click below to view the making video of this muffins.
Milk – ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
All purpose flour / Maida – ¾ cup
Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Lemon Juice / Vinegar – 1/2 tablespoon
1) Preheat the oven into 350F or 175C for 10 minutes.
2) Line the muffins tray using muffin liners. Keep it aside.
3) In a mixing bowl, add milk and sugar.
4) Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
5) Add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, oil, baking soda, salt, vanilla essence and vinegar.
6) Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated well.
7) Pour 2 or 3 tablespoons batter into each muffin liners.
8) Bake it for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tooth pin inserted into it comes out clean.
9) Transfer to a wire rack. Cool down a bit.
10) Enjoy warm.
1) It can be consumed as a snack or breakfast.
1) Water can be substituted instead of milk in this recipe.
2) If you like your muffin very sweet, then add 3/4 cup of sugar instead of 1/2 cup.
3) Make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature.