The one thing I love in summer is colorful fruits. Isn’t there anyone who wouldn’t love the rich color and taste of exotic summer fruits? I wait for this time of the year just to relish the variety of mangoes and watermelons.
My summer recipes on my blog majorly revolve around fruit-based ones with a tinge of health quotient associated with it and at the same time doesn’t need detailed preparations. Summer Chia Pudding is a very easy dish that serves as a mid-morning snack or breakfast for adults and kids.
Below is a simple basic recipe which can be customized based on one’s need. Instead of mango and pomegranate, you may use other fruits which suits you.
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 teaspoons
Chia Seeds – 3 tablespoons
Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
Ripe Mango – 1 cup, Cubed
Pomegranate seeds – 1 cup
Sprinkles – 2 teaspoons
1) Boil Milk and let it cool to room temperature.
2) Add Sugar and Chia seeds to the milk and whisk well.
3) Keep inside refrigerator for 10 hours or till it becomes thick.
4) After 10 hours, mix the vanilla essence and layer it in the glass jars with cubed mangoes and pomegranate seeds.
5) Top it with sprinkles and serve it chill.
1) It can be eaten as a breakfast.
2) It can also be eaten as a snack.
1) Instead of cow’s milk, any other vegan milk can be used. example: coconut milk or almond milk
2) If you want to skip milk, soak chia seeds in lemon of orange juice.
3) Fruits can be varied according to your personal preference or as per season.