It is weekend and I planned to surprise my kid by cooking simple kid friendly recipes and engage her in other house help activities. My kid always loves to help me in baking and this time she helped me in mixing and rolling of these tiny laddus.
This laddu just uses three ingredients. All I did was just roasting the sesame seeds and groundnuts. Rest of the steps were taken care by my little madam and she was more interested in eating as she was helping me.
This laddu perfectly fit for a kid’s snackbox and good way of gaining the health benefits from dates, Peanut and Sesame or till seeds.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 15 Amla Size Laddus
Here is the recipe video of the same. Please view and make sure to comment and subscribe it. Thank you!
Dates – 25 numbers or 1 heaped cup
Peanuts – ½ cup
Til / Sesame seeds – ½ cup
1) Remove seeds from dates and mash well. If the dates are soft, the job is easy, otherwise just grind it in using a mixie for a second.
2) Roast the peanuts, allow it to cool down. Later peel its skin. Later grind it to a coarse powder in a mixie.
3) Roast the sesame seeds till nice aroma comes from it. Cool down.
4) In a wide bowl, mix mashed dates, powdered peanuts and sesame seeds.
5) Mix it well using your hands and make equal size balls. The given quantity can make almost 15 Amla size balls.
6) Store it in a dry, clean container. It will stay good in a room temperature for a week.
1) If the laddu is not binding, feel free to add some more dates to it.
2) No need to add sugar. If you need some extra sweetness, add some honey to it.