Potato fry is a perfect side dish to accompany a variety of main recipes. Though it is a fried food, it uses very less oil, salt and chili powder. This recipe along with tomato sauce serves as a good snack. It can also be seasoned with pepper instead of chili powder to make it even spicier.
Potato – 2 large size
Red chili powder – 2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Oil – 4 teaspoons
1) Cut the potatoes to slight bigger pieces (in wedge shape).
2) Add red chili powder, salt, a teaspoon of oil and mix it well.
3) Make sure the red chili powder spreads out evenly as this is essential to make the potato fry crispy and flavoured.
4) Keep in microwave for 10 – 15 minutes or according to the quantity you can increase / decrease the cooking time.
5) Now take a wide pan and heat remaining oil.
6) Empty the chopped potatoes taken out from microwave.
7) Fry them well for few minutes until you find the raw smell of chili disappear.
8) OK, now the delicious potato fry is ready to be served.