After tasting the soft, spongy Egg less Blueberry Boy Bait, I wanted to try the same with egg. If the egg less version itself very soft, I couldn’t imagine the egg version. This is the main reason behind my interest in baking blueberry cake another time.
I followed all the steps from Blueberry boy bait except there is a slight change in ingredients list just to incorporate egg. Also, this time, I baked as muffins instead of round/square cake. Surprisingly, I have got golden crispy crust without any sugar topping which I did for Blueberry Boy-Bait. The final outcome was simply delicious.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
All purpose flour / Maida / Plain flour – 1 cup + 1 tablespoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 1/4 cup, at room temperature
Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup
Egg – 1, at room temperature
Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
Milk – 1/4 cup
Blueberries – 3/4 cup
Method with step by step pictures:
1) Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Line the muffin/cupcake tray with paper/baking cups. Toss the blueberries with the tablespoon of flour and keep aside. This helps the blueberries to avoid sinking.
2) Mix all the dry ingredients and keep aside.
3) In another bowl, add together the butter and sugar. Beat well using hand whisk until the mixture becomes creamy.
4) Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat again.
5) Now add the 1/3 of dry ingredients mixture to the creamy egg mixture. Mix well.
6) Add half of milk now. Mix again.
7) Now add half of the left dry ingredients. Mix again and add remaining milk. Mix Again.
8) Add the left dry ingredients and mix again. You need to start and end with dry ingredients and in between add milk. (flour-milk-flour-milk-flour) Follow this order.
9) Finally add blueberries and gently fold it. Final dough will be thick.
10) Pour a tablespoon or two into the prepared muffin tray.
11) Bake it for 30 minutes or till the tooth pin inserted into it comes out clean.
12) Transfer to the wire rack and cool completely.
2) After school snack
3) Kid’s lunchbox
1) Do not over beat the batter. Make sure to beat just until creamy.
2) Make sure to check the muffins after 20 minutes. baking time vary based on the oven type.