Canned tuna fish stir fry is the very simplest recipe anyone can make it. As it is coming in handy tins, it doesn’t require cleaning and cutting. It is also high in vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids.
Canned tuna is available in brine(salt water), spring water and oil. This recipes works well for all these canned varieties. For getting all the health benefits from canned tuna, make sure to choose the tuna in water instead of oil.
There are many recipes available using canned tuna but this tuna stir fry is prepared in southindian style. The recipe blogged here is very simple, quick, tasty, stomach filling and healthy tuna stir fry. The combo of South Indian Plain Dal, Rasam and Tuna fish fry become success among my family members and I have started repeating this combo nowadays.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
3 tsp oil
½ tsp mustards seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
¾ cup onion, finely chopped
½ cup capsicum, finely chopped, any colour
1 can tuna fish in brine(350grams)
2 tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Few curry leaves
Method with step by step pictures:
1) Drain the water from tuna cans and keep them aside.
2) In a frying pan, Heat oil.
3) When it is hot, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Allow them to splutter.
4) Add onion.
5) Saute onions till they are translucent.
6) Add capsicum and stir fry till it cooks well.
7) Add drained tuna fish, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to the pan.
8) Add few curry leaves, Crumble using the spatula so that tuna fish and spices mix properly.
9) Stir fry till the tuna fish cooks well.
10) Serve it hot with rice.
1) Serve it as a side dish for rice for lunch along with any gravy.
2) Serve it as a side dish for roti/chapathi
1) The recipe works great for all canned tuna varieties.
2) Adjust the salt and oil according to the canned tuna you use.
3) Addition of capsicum is optional. you can add any colour capsicum and feel free to add more vegetables if you like it.
4) This recipes can be prepared without capsicum as well.
superb, very nice when i tried. thanks
I make this all the time! Thanks so much for the recipe 🙂