Fresh Mango Salsa is the recipe that I often make during the mango season. I often eat this as salad and sometimes enjoy it with Indian fried papad. This can also be served as a topping for masala papad. It tastes delicious.
Yesterday I made this as salad to go along with my Mexican theme lunchbox. It is one of the very easy recipes that needs only chopping time and anyone can enjoy it. As I ran out of jalapeno, I used Indian green chillies for making this salad.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Idle Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 and 1/2 cup
The video recipe is available at Indian Curry TrailYoutube Channel.
Ripe Mango -1 cup, chopped
Red onion – 1/4 cup
Capsicum – 1/4 cup , any colour
Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon, finely chopped
Green Chillie – 2, chopped
Salt – a pinch
Juice from half lemon
1. Choose the firm but ripe mango for making this salsa. Cut the mango into cubes. Chop the onion and capsicum finely. Finely chop the coriander leaves and green chillie.
2. Mix everything into a bowl.
3. Add salt to taste.
4. Squeeze the juice from half lemon.
5. Keep covered for 10 minutes and Serve with papad.
1) Mango salsa can be served along with Indian papad or with tortilla chips or tacos.
2) It can be served along with any Mexican dish.
1) I used 2 Indian green chillies. If you are using Jalapeno peppers, adjust accordingly.