After a week break and complete rest, I am back to kitchen and cooked few recipes. But, I will be posting the recipes which are in draft first, before bringing the new one.
I often prepare this white pasta in smaller quantity. Once I finished cooking pasta first and checked my pantry to get the ingredients for preparing white sauce. I got all except the all purpose flour. Sometimes it irritates a lot when you are searching for something and you don’t get it. So I decided to make pasta without that and used only cream and milk instead. I never thought that white pasta would look creamy even without all purpose flour. It also tasted good and after that I adopted this method to prepare creamy pasta every time.
If you are not calorie conscious, add few tablespoons of grated cheese.
Preparation Time: <5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 persons
Uncooked Pasta – 1 cup (I used penne pasta)
Onion – 1 no, medium size, finely chopped
Garlic – 5 cloves, small size, finely chopped
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Dried oregano – 1/2 teaspoon
Dried thyme – 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Black pepper powder – to taste
Double cream / Heavy cream – 1/4 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
1) Wash pasta well and cook it with 3 cups of water. Add a teaspoon of oil to avoid pasta sticking to each other. Once the pasta is cooked well, drain the hot water and run under the cold water for few minutes. Keep aside.
2) Heat remaining oil in the pan and add onion and garlic when it is hot.
3) Saute it till the onion becomes soft and translucent. Make sure not to brown the onion.
4) Add dried herbs now and mix well. let it cook for few seconds.
5) Add milk and boil it till reduces and becomes slightly thick. Reduce the flame and add double cream now. Let it be for few seconds.
6) Add cooked pasta to the boiling milk cream mixture. Mix well. Add salt and pepper. Toss again without breaking pasta.
7) If you find the pasta is dry, add more cream or if you find it too watery, keep in flame for few more minutes.
8) Taste and adjust the salt. Serve hot.
love the white sauce based pasta…you can replace maida with wheat flour for white sauce uma..it works beautifully and infact I do use mostly wheat flour for white sauce for health reasons
Thanks Prathibha for the quick tip… will try it out for sure next time. 🙂
delicious pasta and looks yummy!
Wow looks do delicious… Bookmarked
Event: Dish name starts with R till April 15th and a giveaway
Super delicious and inviting pasta… Fab clicks…
looks this whit sauce pasta…looks yummy…
Creamy and yummy pasta Uma. Hope u and the kid are doing good
Win flipkart vouchers from 27coupons.com. Enter now
Come participate and win healthy Hudson canola oil hampers
I can understand that no being so happy when looking for ingredients and its not there. However I think you made do with the rest of the ingredients and its such a delish!!!
Yummy healthier version.. Thank God, APF got over… Else this wouldnt have been born 🙂
Latest Post – Beautiful Wall Decals From Dezign With a Z
delicious and flavorful recipe… beautiful clicks…
yummy pasta… lovely clicks…
lovely pasta.. looks so creamy.. nice to know dat u too from mdu..
My favourite pasta, love that whole bowl..Inviting.
Very nice!! Do join me @ Annarasa for Food Event: Dhaba Food/ Street Food + Giveaway! annarasaessenceoffood.blogspot.com/2013/03/food-event-your-favourite-street-food.html
Looks fab …creamy n yum