Salads are something that I often prefer to eat during the summer time and this will help me to reduce my time in the kitchen as much as possible. Almost all my salads would be with basic lemon dressing and for a change, I prepared a pasta salad using chipotle mayo this time.
It is one the best dish to consume for this summer. I used ready to use chipotle mayo and This can also be prepared using the plain mayo and it tastes yumm.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 cup boiled Pasta (fusilli or farfalle)
1/2 cup romaine lettuce
1/4 cup sweetcorn
1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1/4 chopped bell pepper
1 /4 chopped red onion
1/4 chopped avocado
2 tablespoons coriander leaves
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1/3 cup of chipotle mayonnaise
3 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika
½ tsp Oregano
milk to dilute (optional)
1. Mix chipotle mayo, yogurt and lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk well until it is smooth and creamy. Stir in the paprika, oregano. Mix until blended.
2. In a wide mixing bowl, add rest of the ingredients one by one.
3. Add the prepared creamy seasoned chipotle mayonnaise to it.
4. Mix well and serve.
1) It can be served as a main course along with a slice of bread or consumed as it is.
1) Adjust the paprika and ground pepper according to personal taste.
2) Serve this salad immediately. If you are packing it for lunch, save the dressing separately and mix with pasta just before eating.
3) Vegetables can be changed as per personal choice.