Today we will see the lunchbox recipe idea which is heart and stomach filling and tasty.
For this kind of lunchbox, I used to prepare the dough in previous night itself and rest of the things in the next morning.
Lunchbox idea 3 has the below recipes. For more lunchbox ideas, please click here.
1) Beetroot chapathi
2) Dal fry
3) Jeera Aloo
4) Cucumber and Carrot
How I prepared it:
1) Kept 1/2 cup dal and 3 sliced potatoes in a pressure cooker.
2) Meanwhile, chop 1/2 beetroot and grind it along with 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and 1 green chillies. Make a smooth puree without lumps. Add this puree to the 1 and 1/2 cup wheat flour along with salt. Make a smooth dough. Towards the end, add a tsp of oil and knead well. keep it side for 15 minutes.
3) By now, the pressure cooker would have completed the three whistles. Before the steam suppresses, chop onion and tomato.
4) Now, Release the steam from pressure cooker, take out the potato from the cooker and mash the dal well.
5) In a kadai, add 2 tsp ghee. Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, cumin seeds and 1 chopped green chilli. let it crackle. Add finely chopped onion and saute well. Add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute for few more minutes. Add finely chopped tomato.
6) Cook till the tomatoes are soft. Add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala,1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix well till the raw smell goes off.
7) Add the mashed dal along with 3/4 cup to 1 cup water. mix well. let the dal cook well and reach the desired consistency.
8) Add a pinch of kasuri methi and cook for a minute. the dal fry is ready.
9) While the dal is cooking, heat oil in another pan, crackle cumin seeds and green chillies. add 1/2 cup finely chopped onion and saute till it becomes soft. Add cooked potato. Add 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste. Let it cook till the raw smell of masala goes off. Add 1 tbsp chopped coriander and mix well. Cover using the lid and cook for few more minutes to incorporate the flavor of coriander leaves with potato. After few minutes, mix gently and the jeera aloo is ready.
10) At last, divide the dough and make circular disc. Cook it on hot tawa and smear oil if required. cook both the side.
That’s it. Yummy lunchbox ready!