Sally’s Baking Addiction is one of my favorite baking blog. I am a regular reader of her blog. I feel like her blog posts capture my thinking when I read through some of her posts. Especially the post in which she shares her experience how she turned her career as food blogger – that really inspires me.
Ok let me come to today’s recipe. I tried these peanut butter chocolate chip blondies from her blog very recently. Those who love peanut butter would definitely love it and so did I. Did I mention anywhere that I have already tried many of her recipe for pot luck party and family get-together? I approached the recipe doubly confident , baked it as upcoming week’s recipe for my evening snacks box.
But as expected it was all over within 2 days. After sharing with my neighbors and few guests, I was left with a few slices. As they were soft they broke when I sliced them. You can see that in the picture. Sometimes taste matters a lot rather than shape!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 10-12 small squares
Creamy Peanut Butter – 3/4 cup
Oil – 1/3 cup
Granulated sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
All Purpose flour / Maida / Plain Flour – 1 cup to 1 and 1/4 cup
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Whole Peanuts – 1/4 cup
Chocolate chips – 1/3 cup
1) Preheat the oven to 350F(185C). Grease and dust the 8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, take peanut butter. Add oil and sugar. Stir well.
3) Add milk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4) Mix all the dry ingredients (All purpose flour, salt and baking powder) and add it to the bowl. You’ll get a thick batter. Feel free to taste the batter like I did 🙂
5) Transfer this thick batter to the prepared pan. Pat it evenly using a spoon.
6) Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate chips. Gently press them using spoon into the batter.
7) Bake it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are started browning.
8) Take the baking pan out from oven and cool completely.
9) Slice them into square and enjoy.
10) Store it in air tight container and keep it for a week time.
1) Add more flour if you feel the batter is not thick.
2) As called in the original recipe, you can use brown sugar instead of white.
3) This recipe can be prepared as Vegan. Just substitute milk with almond milk and use dairy free chocolate chips.