I love engaging my kid in various activities other than studying/reading. She often finds me cooking and sometimes help me as well.
This time, when she was just back from school, I involved her in preparing this simple smoothie for her after school drink. She happily prepared it under my supervision and of course turned out super good. She was extremely happy and drunk the entire glass(happens once in a blue moon)as she prepared it on her own.
For her easy convenience, I named it ABC smoothie(Avocado Banana and Chocolate smoothie). Hope you will enjoy this smoothie as much as she did.
I added crushed chocolate as topping as per her suggestion. You may please change it according to your personal preference.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1, generously
Avocado – 1/2 ripe
Banana – 1 ripe
Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tbsp (adjust as per taste)
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Milk – 1 and 1/2 cup, chilled
1) In a blender, add all the ingredients one by one.
2) Blend it for 5 to 10 minutes till it becomes smooth and no lumps found.
3) Pour it in glasses and top it with crushed chocolate.
4) Serve chill.
1) Reduce the milk quantity and make a thick smoothie. Serve it in a bowl with seeds and dry fruits as a morning breakfast.
2) Prepare the smoothie exactly given in the above method, pour it tall glass, top it with chocolate crumble and serve it as back to school drink.
1) Increase the sugar quantity as per liking. We generally prefer our smoothie with less sugar quantity.
2) Instead of diary milk, you may use soy or almond milk for making it vegan.
3) Instead of sugar, you can also use honey.