I have been making this aval smoothie for a very long time as one of my easy to prepare/drink/carry breakfast. This strawberry oats smoothie is an another variation similar to that. It is thick, has fruit and gives instant energy in the busy mornings.
I used to add honey instead of sugar or simply skip it most of the time. It depends on how much strawberries or the other type of fruit that I add to make the smoothie. with this same recipe, one can make many variations just by simply replacing the fruit part.
Preparation Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Makes: 1 glass
Quick cooking oats – ½ cup
Strawberry – ¾ cup, chopped
Sugar – 2 tbsp or to taste
Vanilla Essence – few drops
Milk – 1 cup
Strawberry and oats – for garnishing
1) Clean and chop the strawberry into small pieces.
2) In a mixie jar, add quick cooking oats, strawberry, sugar, vanilla essence and milk.
3) Blend it for 3 minutes or until no strawberry lump found.
4) Pour in glass, top it with chopped strawberry and oats.
5) Serve chill.
1) This oats smoothie can be served as a breakfast or as a after school drink.