The Original Chinese fried rice is stir fried in a thick bottom pan/wok with various sauces. It is generally prepared using the leftover rice with various vegetables, chicken, egg in china. Due to its popularity, it has been prepared in many parts of the world in different way using the different names. It is quite famous in east Asia and one of the famous street foods in India.
Here is the Indian style fusion version of Chinese fried rice recipe that can be easily prepared at home. I always like to chop vegetables for vegetable fried rice since it comes with colorful combination of carrots, beans, cabbage, capsicums and spring onions. The making of this fried rice is also super easy. If we have any leftover rice, the job just completes in few minutes.
This rice also fits very well for the lunchbox. Make this rice for your kids and serve with simple fried egg or any Manchurian recipe. As it has loads of vegetables it is good for their health as well than the restaurant made one.
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serves : 2
Gingelly oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 1 tsp
White Onion – 2 tbsp (or bottom part of 2 spring onion)
Celery – 2 tbsp
Carrot – ¼ cup
Beans – 2 tbsp
Cabbage – ¼ cup
Capsicum – 2 tbsp
Soy sauce – 1 and ½ tsp
Vinegar – 1 and ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Ground pepper – 1 tsp
Spring onion – 2 tbsp
Method with step by step pictures:
1) Boil/Cook the rice as separate grains and allow it to cool for some time. Always use cold rice for preparing this fried rice. Chop vegetables to a small size.
2) Take a Frying pan and add gingelly oil in it.
3) When oil is hot, add 1 tsp garlic and bottom part of the spring onions(white part) and saute it.
4) Add vegetables one by one.I have added celery, carrot, beans, capsicum and cabbage.
5) Add soy sauce, vinegar, ground pepper and salt.
6) Mix quickly.
7) Add the cooked and cooled rice. Toss well or mix quickly.
8) Once the rice is warmed up, add the spring onion and turn off the fame.
9) Serve hot with fried egg or any of your favorite Chinese side dish.
1)Served this as a main course for lunch/dinner along with any sauce based dish like chilly paneer or chilly soya.
Here is the sample lunchbox which has Vegetable fried rice, Egg Manchurian, Chilli Soya, Carrot and Guava.
1) Make sure to use cooked and cooled rice. I used basmati rice. Any other short grain rice works well too.
2) All the vegetables must be cooked in high flame. so big thick bottom kadai works well. As I don’t have one, I demonstrated the recipe in my normal cooking pan.