I planned to post only Pasta recipes this week and I supposed to post 4th pasta recipe today. Due to some unavoidable personal work, I was not able to post the recipes on time over here. I prepared few pasta recipes recently and they are in the queue to come on line. I’ll try to post them soon.
Today’s recipe is pasta based salad. I came to know about this salad only few years back from the menu card of my office canteen. The mixing would be done instantly in front of us and options of ingredients to mix with pasta would be given to us.
I always pick the below combination whenever I go for salad. It is up to you, to mix extra ingredients like tomato, capsicum, other boiled pulses and so on. Also, they used salad dressing instead of curd. As I don’t prefer salad dressing most of the time, I simply added thick curd for making this salad.
Preparation and Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 Persons
Cooked pasta – 2 cups, I used Farfalloni Pasta
Cucumber – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Onion – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
Chickpeas – 1/4 cup, boiled
Soybean – 1/4 cup, boiled
Thick curd / Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Oregano – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Black pepper powder – to taste
Coriander leaves – 1 string, for garnishing
1) In a mixing bowl, whisk curd along with salt, oregano, thyme and pepper
2) Add cucumber and onion.
3) Add boiled chickpeas and soybean.
4) Add cooked pasta.
5) Gently mix well without breaking pasta.
6) Taste and adjust the seasoning.
7) Garnish with coriander leaves and refrigerate till you serve.
1) Use any type of pasta for making this salad.
2) If you prepare, you can add salad dressing.
3) Add additional nuts and boiled pulses if you prefer.