An yellowish green Indian goose berry is called as Amla. The name amla
is derived from Hindi. It has unique taste starts with sour and bitter
and ends with sweet while eating. Due to it’s vitamin content (high in
vitamin C) and nutritious factor, it is also called as poor men’s apple.
We mostly use this Amla to prepare pickles, juices, rice and sometimes
for hair oil at our home. My mom prepares amla pickle whenever we
harvest bundle of amlas from our fields and she also sends a bag to me. I usually prepare juice using them and this time added mint for flavour. This refreshing juice
is good to drink without sugar. but for those who don’t like the bitter
taste of it, can add sugar to adjust the bitterness.
Preparation Time: < 15 minutes
Amla – 4 nos
Mint leaves – 5-8 leaves
Sugar – 1 tablespoon / to taste
Cold water – 1 and 1/2 cups
1) Wash Amla and mint leaves. Chop them into small pieces.
2) Put the chopped pieces into the mixer and blend it by adding 1/4 cup of water.
3) Filter only the juice from it.
4) Add sugar and remaining cup of cold water. Mix well till sugar dilutes in the juice.
5) Pour in glasses and serve chill.