Joy the baker is the first cooking blog which I followed before I started my own blog and those days I had zero experience in baking. Her site is one of the great inspirations for me and I became a big fan of her cookies and cupcakes. Today’s recipe is from her site, the Chewy apple cinnamon oatmeal and walnut cookies.
These cookies were not appealing when you look at it. because of this reason, it didn’t attract me initially. Later, I tried it to use the leftover oats which has become wet (I sun dried it for 30 minutes and used it in this recipe) when I filled water into the container that placed next to the pantry. After baking, I tasted one when it is warm. Believe me, the taste was wonderful they become my favourite ones from her cookies list.
I enjoy the crunchy taste of walnut every time I eat it and love the flavor every time I bake it. I guarantee that it will become favourite cookies for you too, if you are a fan of chewy and crunchy type cookies.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-13 minutes
Makes: 12 cookies
Unsalted butter – 1/4 cup, softened
Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1 no, small
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
All purpose flour / Maida / Plain flour – 1/2 cup
Quick cooking oats – 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Nutmeg powder – a pinch
Walnuts – 1/2 cup, roughly chopped
Apple – 1 no, small size
Lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon, freshly squeezed
1) Preheat the oven to 350F(176C) for 15 minutes. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Peel off the skin of apple and chop them finely. Mix it with lemon juice and set aside.
3) Take a wide mixing bowl and mix both the sugar and butter. Beat it using a whisk until it becomes creamy.
4) Add egg and continue beating. Add vanilla extract and beat until blended.
5) Add oats, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt.
6) Mix slowly just until incorporated. Stir the walnuts and chopped apple at last.
7) Take a tablespoon sized dough and arrange them in the prepared baking tray with even intervals.
8) Bake it in the preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until they are done.
9) Allow it to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
1) The recipe is halved here and these cookies are tasted good when served warm.
2) I like chewy type cookies and I baked it only for 10 minutes.
3) I added more walnuts for extra crunchiness.
Interesting combination Uma..cookies look yum!
How lovely. Great idea these!
Cookies with apple and oatmeal,who will say no to this combo.. Very health and scrumptious cookies.
dats a nice combo.. i too like chewy cookies.. 🙂
Nice combo,healthy cookies.
delicious and healthy cookies.
Wow these are awesome
Event: Dish name starts with R till April 15th and a giveaway
interesting and healthy…
Looks like eating a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast.. only more interesting 🙂
looks absolutely crunchy… yum…
Healthy cookie with more of oats and less of APF.. Clicks are awesome 🙂
Healthy cookies. am bookmarking this Uma
Win flipkart vouchers from 27coupons.com. Enter now
Come participate and win healthy Hudson canola oil hampers
Wow it was just awesome… Bookmarked
Perfect combo for a cookie!! I love apples and walnuts!
very tempting cookies…lovely combo…
looks so yummy i love to hv some