Quick and instant foods are the ones I prefer when I rush to work. Sometimes it helps me on weekends as well for making breakfast/brunch. Innovative recipes are sometimes born from the leftovers available in the fridge. The same can be mentioned about fusion recipes too.
While I started making instant cucumber dosa from the available ingredients, it ended up as a crepe with loads of summer fruits. It took a quick transformation before I poured the first ladle of batter to make the crepe. I just made this recipe using the leftover ingredients from previous night’s dinner at home. But believe me, you can make the crepe (dosa) part alone anytime and I hope the batter ingredients easily available at every household.
Today’s recipe is savoury, instant fresh cucumber oats crepe with summer fruits stuffing. India cuisine blends with French here. 🙂 As I have added cucumber, it is good to have this dish during summer to cool our body. At this moment, I take a break to happily mention that this recipe of mine won the best, quick & easy healthy brunch recipe competition held across my office locations in India.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Grated Fresh Cucumber – 1/2 cup
Quick cooking Oats – 1/4 cup
Semolina / Rava / Soji – 1/4 cup
Whole Wheat flour / Atta – 1/4 cup
Salt – to taste
Green chilli – 2 numbers, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece, grated
Curd / Yogurt – 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Water – as required to make batter
Olive oil – to drizzle
Ripe Mango – 1 cup
Pomegranate – 1/2 cup
Mint leaves – 10 leaves
Ground White pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Chat masala – a pinch
1. Mix all the ingredients given under “For crepe” except oil and make pourable batter.
2. Heat the skillet and when it is hot, pour a ladle of batter and spread it in a circular motion from inside out. Drizzle olive oil on top of it.
3. While it is cooking, mix all the ingredients given under “For stuffing”.
4. By now, the crepe would have cooked, transfer to a plate.
5. Spread the stuffing, fold it. Voila, Here is the quick, healthy colorful brunch and enjoy.
1) If there is any leftover batter use within the same day.
2) Choose good quality of cucumber. Stuffing can vary as per your personal preference.