Last month we went for the local farm visit for fruits and vegetable picking. I got fresh, good bunch of zucchini during that time. I made use of it for making the Indian style fritters and still I left with few. I used them for making this delicious zucchini bread from here . This recipe calls very simple ingredients that are available in every household.
I used home made yogurt for making this bread. It has to be very thick and do not compromise on it. I have added vegetable oil and one can substitute it with any flavorless oil and make sure to all the ingredients are in room temperature.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time 45 to 60 minutes
Serves: 1 loaf
Zucchini – 1 cup, grated
Vegetable Oil – 1/3 cup
Yogurt – ¼ cup
Egg – 1, large size
Sugar – ¾ cup
All purpose flour – 1 and ¼ cup
Cocoa powder – ½ cup, unsweetened
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – a big pinch
Dark chocolate chips – ½ cup
Method with step by step pictures:
1) Grate the zucchini and keep it aside for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease the loaf pan with butter and dust it with all purpose flour.
2) After 15 minutes, squeeze out the excess water, measure 1 cup and add it to the bowl.
3) Add vegetable oil, yogurt and egg. Whisk well till you get creamy kind of texture.
4) Add sugar and whisk till it dissolves.
5) Add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking power, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix it using the spatula.
6) Towards the end, add 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips. fold it well.
7) Transfer this batter to a loaf pan. pat it well.
8) Sprinkle the remaining dark chocolate chips on top of it.
9) Bake it for 45 to 60 minutes in a preheated oven.
10) Once done, insert a skewer and check if it comes out clean.
11) Cool down the loaf pan for 10 minutes and then invert the bread out.
12) Slice and serve.
1) Serve it as a evening snack or snack for travel.
1) Make sure to have all the ingredients in the room temperature.
2) Do not over beat the batter after adding the dry ingredients.
3) Keep an eye on the oven after 45 minutes to check if the bread is done.
4) Cool down the bread in a loaf pan itself for 10 minutes. Remove the bread only after cooling down. Otherwise the bread may breakdown.