Bread omelette or street food style bread omelette or bread omelette sandwich is a very simple and easy breakfast recipe that anyone can prepare at anytime. The standard basic recipe needs very simple ingredients but it can be prepared with ‘n’ number of variations.
This sandwich will be ready in less than 15 minutes including both preparation and cooking. So it suits best for a hurry bury morning breakfast or for a lazy weekend breakfast.
This recipe uses onion and coriander but this can be very well changed or skipped or additionally any other ingredients can be added while making the bread omelette. Some of the typical variations are cheese stuffed bread omelette, green chutney coated bread omelette and Some with additional masalas or vegetables.
For one serving, we need two eggs and two standard size bread slices. If you use the bigger size sandwich bread, use only one for 2 eggs. Use wide griddle for making this bread omelette to prepare it in street food style.
Other Bread Sandwich recipes you may like:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 to 10 minutes
¼ cup onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 tsp butter
2 bread slices (standard size)
Method with step by step pictures:
1) Finely chop the onion and coriander leaves. Keep it aside.
2) In a medium size mixing bowl, break two eggs and beat well for a minute.
3) Add onion, coriander leaves, salt to taste and black pepper powder to taste.
4) Mix well again.
5) Heat a wide griddle or tawa or dosa pan. Once it is hot, add the butter and spread it all over the griddle.
6) Pour the prepared egg mixture after keeping the flame to low to medium.
7) Quickly spread the egg mixture as much as possible to all over the griddle. It can be easily spread only if the flame is low. So make sure not to overheat the griddle.
8) Place the bread slices one by one. while placing it, gently rub the egg mixture on both the sides of the bread as shown in the picture.
9) Once the egg omelette is cooked, fold the omelette over the bread on both the side.
10) Fold it again to place the bread one above other.
11) Cook both the sides.
12) Slice it and serve hot with ketch up or mint chutney for best results.
1) Indian style bread omelette is perfect for both breakfast and also for evening tiffins.
2) The best accompaniment is tomato ketchup or mint/green chutney.
1) For quick version, skip the onion and coriander leaves and make the omelette.
2) You can also add finely chopped, deseeded tomato to it.
3) For extra spice, add finely chopped greenchilli.