Spring onion Pakoda or Hara Pyaaz Pakora recipe with step by step pictures.
Spring onion Pakoda is best snack for any rainy or snow winter day. It is a deep fried snack using spring onion, gram flour and rice flour. It can also be air fried or baked.
It is a quick recipe which calls for a very basic ingredients. Along with hot ginger tea , it serves as a best evening snack. After using the few spring onion leaves for fried rice, the remaining stalks can be used for making this pakoda.
Other Spring onion Recipes:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 and ½ cup Spring Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger, chopped
¾ cup gram flour
¼ cup rice flour
1 tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Water as required
Oil for deep frying
Method with step by step pictures:
1) Wash and pat dry the spring onion. Once dried, finely slice it.
2) Add ginger, gram flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
3) Mix well first without adding water.
4) Then slowly add the water. Add little water at a time and make a medium and smooth consistency dough.
5) Once the dough forms like a loose lump, take half tablespoon of batter and deep fry it in oil.
6) Fry it in batches. Fry 10 to 12 pakodas at a time. It varies based on the oil quantity and size of the pan.
7) Once the pakoda becomes crisp and golden in colour, transfer to a plate after draining the oil.
8) Serve hot with any of your favorite chutney or tomato ketchup.
1) Serve it as a evening snack or as a after school snack with chutney or tomato ketchup.
1) Add little water at a time for uniform smooth dough. If the dough is very loose and it tends to absorb oil. So make sure to make the dough in correct consistency.
2) Adjust the red chilli powder as per the requirement.
3) Do not skip the ginger which gives the unique flavour to this pakoda.