Sauteed or Blistered Shishito Peppers Recipe with step by step Pictures.
Shishito Peppers are lightly sweet, very mild hot east Asian variety of chilli. It is available across the states during the season. Starting from Summer till fall, these peppers can be found in many vegetables shops.
These shishito peppers are low in cholesterol and sodium. It is a good source of dietary fiber, multi vitamins and high in saturated fat.
It is very easy to prepare sauteed shishito peppers. Just throw the washed peppers into a thick bottom pan, drizzle oil and sprinkle salt towards the end. Serve hot as it is or with lemon wedges. It can be enjoyed as it is as a snack or serve it as a side dish for any main course.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
8 shishito peppers
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
Method with step by step pictures:
1. Wash and pat dry the shishito peppers.
2. In a think bottom pan, heat oil.
3. Arrange the shishito peppers evenly in the pan.
4. Flip the peppers at uniform intervals(approximately 2 to 3 minutes) till the all the sides get blisters.
5. Once all the sides are properly sauteed or got blisters, sprinkle salt and serve hot. Optionally you can serve it with lemon wedges.
1. It can be eaten as a snack or appetizer.
2. We enjoyed it with our rice and dal which means it goes well with indian recipes too.
1. Use fine rock salt.
2. You can eat it along with bread or any dip.