If you are beginner in baking, then this recipe is best suitable for you. It calls for very simple ingredients that would be available in every single household. I involved my daughter for making this muffins and she did a very good job. The only thing is all the ingredients should be in room temperature.
Sweetness, fluffyness and fresh strawberries are the highlights for this muffins. It doesn’t require much time to bake. Just less than 10 minutes to make the batter and 15 to 20 minutes to bake the muffins.
When there is a strawberry season, these muffins appear in my kitchen without fail. The strawberries are fresh, picked from a nearby farm and I chose only 5 strawberries for making this muffins. I cored it and chopped them into tiny pieces before adding it to the batter. Frozen strawberries also can be used for this recipe.
Other strawberry recipes, you may like:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 muffins
Large egg -1, at room temperature
Milk – 3 tbsp, at room temperature
Oil – 3 tbsp
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Sugar – ½ cup
Maida / All purpose flour – ¾ cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Strawberry – 5 or ½ cup, chopped
Method with stepwise pictures:
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Line the muffin tray with muffin liners. Bring the egg and milk to room temperature.
2) In a mixing bowl, add egg, milk, oil and vanilla extract. Mix well.
3) Add sugar and continue beating it till the sugar dissolves.
4) Add all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well without any lumps. This mixture looks creamy and smooth.
5) Add chopped strawberry into it. fold it gently.
6) Scoop the batter into a muffin tray evenly.
7) Pat the tray and keep it inside the oven for 20 minutes or until it is done.
8) Once the muffin is baked, insert the tooth pin into it and make sure it is coming out clean.
9) Transfer the muffins to a wiring rock and cool down completely.
1) It can be served as a breakfast and as an after school snack.
2) It can also be packed as a snack to school kids.
1) Make sure the egg and milk are in room temperature.
2) I didn’t boil the milk. The milk i used was pasteurized full fat milk and doesn’t require boiling. you can also use boiled milk. but make sure it is in room temperature before baking.
3) Any flavorless oil can be used for making this muffins.