One of my cousins called me and said she wanted to come home to meet me and she asked me to prepare steamed rice and this chicken gravy. I accepted to do so as she is coming home after a long time. I prepared everything as per her wish list. But at the last moment, she has got some other commitment and she was not able to make the dinner. So, I sent the chicken gravy to her home, so that she can prepare only rice and eats it with chicken gravy what I sent. After sending the gravy, I ended up with a big bowl of cooked rice. I stored the bowl inside refrigerator and used it for making egg fried rice for the next day. Now a days, all the leftover rice from my kitchen are turning out to fried rice.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes ( excluding 20-30 minutes to cook rice )
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Rice – 2 and 1/2 cups , cooked and cooled
Egg – 3-4 nos
Onion / Bottom part of the spring onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Oil – 5 teaspoons
Carrot – 2 nos, finely sliced
Beans – 10 nos, sliced
Soy sauce – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Spring onion – 4 nos, finely sliced
1) Take a pan and pour 1 teaspoon of oil and spread it evenly.
2) Break the eggs and pour them to the pan. Wait for 30 seconds and start scramble it using a ladle. Add little salt as per the egg quantity.
3) When the eggs are not sticking to the pan, transfer the scrambled eggs to a plate. Keep it aside.
4) In the same pan, heat the remaining oil.
5) When it is hot, add the bottom part of the spring onion. If you don’t have the spring onion, you can use the normal onion. I used both here.
6) Toss it well and add vegetables. Toss well in high heat. Make sure the vegetables are crisp and at the same time cooked.
7) Pour soy sauce, pepper powder and salt. Toss well so that soy sauce will mix well with the vegetables.
8) Add the rice and eggs. Toss well in low flame. Make sure the rice, egg and vegetables are mixed well.
9) Taste and adjust seasoning. Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
1) The taste of the fried rice differs based on the quality of soy sauce you use. So try to use only good quality soy sauce for correct taste.
2) Few brands of soy sauce gives salty taste, so after adding soy sauce, add salt as per your taste.
3) Increase or decrease the soy sauce and pepper quantity as per your taste buds.
4) If you are using uncooked rice, use 1 cup for the above said quantity. Wash the rice 2 or 3 times and cook it as per the instructions given in the pack.Once the rice is cooked, transfer it to a wide plate and allow it to cool. Cooked and cooled rice will workout very well for this fried rice.