The cupcakes blogged here (adopted from catesworldkitchen) were first tried without frosting. The outcome looked very porous but I felt the sugar was little less than usual in taste. Second time, I tried with extra sugar, but I wasn’t sure what went wrong, they didn’t come out well.
At last, blindly followed her recipe and did frosting. It came out well and the less sugar in cakes are compensated by the frosting. Over all, It is awesome.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 6 cup cakes
Strawberry puree – 3 tablespoons
All Purpose flour – 3/4 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
Whole milk – 2 tablespoon
Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
Unsalted Butter – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Egg – 1 no
Butter – 1/4 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Strawberry – 3-6 nos
Vanilla extract – 1/8 teaspoon
1) Bring all the ingredients to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180C(350F). Line the Cupcake trays with cupcake liners and keep aside.
2) Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Keep it aside.
3) Blend 8 strawberries to get puree. Mix blended puree with milk and vanilla extract. Keep it aside.
4) Take butter in a mixing bowl and whisk for a minute.
5) Add sugar and continue whisking till you get creamy texture.
6) Add the egg and continue whisking till the egg is well incorporated with creamy butter.
7) Add half of the flour first and mix gently.
8) Add the strawberry mix(as said in step 3) and mix slowly just until incorporated.
9) Now, add the remaining flour and mix slowly to get a smooth batter. Do not overmix.
10) Pour the batter generously into 6 cupcake liners.
11) Bake them for 20-25 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
12) Once done, cool down for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wiring rock to cool completely.
1) Beat butter in a bowl for a minute.
2) Add sugar and vanilla extract in the same bowl and continue beating till you get smooth frosting.
3) If required, add additional sugar according to your frosting consistency.
4) Top the cupcakes with frosting and place the strawberry in center of it.
5) Strawberry cupcakes are ready and serve it.
I am sending this recipe to Anu’s Berries- Strawberry-Dessert/Sweet event.