I had prepared a salmon curry which was patiently waiting to enter into my blog. I prepared it along with this fry. I am in the mood of clearing my drafts today and gave a way to this simple Indian style curry. With no further stories, you can go to the recipe.
Preparation Time: <15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Salmon fillets – 300 grams, cut into 3 inch length pieces
Onion – 1 small no, finely chopped
Tomato – 2 large nos, finely chopped
Ginger and Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
Salt – to taste
Turmeric powder – a big pinch
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 1 string
Coriander leaves – for garnishing
Oil – 1 tablespoon
1) Wash and clean the salmon fillets.
2) In a frying pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds when it is hot.
3) Add onion and curry leaves. Fry till onions are translucent.
4) Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute or till the raw smell of garlic goes off.
5) Add tomato and fry till they completely mashes.
6) Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and turmeric powder. Fry till the raw smell of masala goes off.
7) Add a cup of water and mix well. Allow this mixture to boil and then turn down the flame to medium.
8) When the gravy starts to thicken, add fish fillets. Give a very gentle stir.
9) Cover and cook for 5 minutes in low flame. Then, open the lid and cook for another 5 minutes or till the salmon gets cooked and the oil oozes out from the corners of the gravy. Usually it takes 10-15 minutes to cook salmon for this curry.
10) Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice and lemon wedges.
1) Increase or decrease the spice and salt according to your taste buds before you add fish fillets.
2) you can also add additional spice powder like fish masala powder to this curry. I do not prefer store bought masala, hence I didn’t add them.
3) Ten minutes after adding fish, keep an eye on the curry. Once the fish is cooked remove it from heat as they tend to break easily when overcooked.
Salmon curry looks so inviting…I don't like fish but this looks yummy…will make it for my "H" :))
Nice clicks Uma.
Event: New "U"
Event: Healing Foods – Cauliflower
fish curry looks delicious
Simply delicious and mouthwatering fish curry. Great preparation.
Delish and awesome Salmon Curry Dear!.Yummy!.Happy and delish Newyear 2012!.
Looks very flavourful n yum …nice pics
fish curry looks yummy..I am drooling here..bookmarked
looks delicious and wonderful clicks…..
Drooling over this… Lovely recipe and nice clicks…
So loved the clicks!!delish curry.. 😉
Happy new year Uma!!
Lovely fish curry and neat arrangements..Inviting
Spicy and flavorful curry..yum
curry looks delicious!
curry looks divine..makes me drool..
yummilicious gravy n lovely!!
I often make many kinds of curry dishes, but salmon never came to my mind before. Your salmon curry looks amazing! Thanks for sharing 🙂
that platter looks gr8 and so easy to make
Looks like I have missed many yummy recipes here…Fish curry looks spicy and quick…
The visit was useful. Content was really very informative. visit giftwithlove dot com(portal to send gifts and flowers to India.).
I just made this curry using your recipe and it turned out so delicious…my husband fell in love with it !!! I just forgot the coriander at the end….Thanks so much….
Simple and Superb. Very delicious
My wife is in India for a vacation … I tried this today …. It was unbelievably awesome … I just added some tamarind paste extra … I used Tilapia fish … Awesome recipie …
Excellent fish recipe..And a very innovative space too,..Pls visit my space when ever you get time..
Very good… i prepared it the other day for lunch. The only thing i did was added some coconut milk since it was really HOT.
I followed this receipe, for the first time in my cooking history, it's worked. It looks and smells fab. My family should be impressed today. All thanks to you.
For one who is really into foods, this site really tops them all. Seeing those posts can really make anyone hungry. And what's more, it really teaches you new things about food. Great job!
Ure blog looks lovely! Pls do chk out my space. It's not as good as urs but I'm sure u'll find sumthing interesting! Happy to be ure follower!
that fish curry looks yummy. have to give it a try 🙂
Can I use frozen salmon in the recipe? It would take longer time but would it work?
Hi Manpreet, You can use the frozen salmon. Before using in this recipe, defrost it well.It takes the same time mentioned above in the recipe.
Hi Uma, I have made this curry a lot of times and thanks to your recipe I started using Salmon to make fish curries. Earlier I only baked or grilled Salmon. Excellent recipe. Easy and quick to prepare. Many thanks. Vats
This recipe made my date perfect! She loved it!!!
totally basking in the glow of a lovely evening, thanks to your Salmon curry recipe!
I just made this and i got a,10/10 from my husband and my son ! Easy to make and tasty too !! Thanks
Loved the curry came exactly like in pic?