When I stumbled on this self frosting nutella cup cakes on web, I thought of preparing it immediately and bought Nutella from market. All the nutella bottles which I bought before were over within two days (Am I a Nutella addict?). There is no surprise in that. However this time, I thought of making the cupcakes without fail with Nutella. So I started making this cup cake as an evening snack and it came out really well.
Well for those who haven’t come across Nutella, it is a brand name of hazel-nut and chocolate flavoured
sweet spread which has its origins at Italy. It is one of the popular all over the world irrespective of its fat content. It is
mostly used with breads and sandwiches and later on people started adopting it
for various recipes because of its wonderful taste. Nowadays you can
find many cookies and cakes using this spread as a main ingredient. Try
this recipe and you will never say ‘NO’ to Nutella.
If you are planning to prepare this cake it is not necessarily to use only nutella. Any hazelnut spread/peanut spread/chocolate spread can be used. I have tried already with other brand and the results were good.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 cup cakes
Butter – 10 tablespoons / 240 grams
White Sugar – 3/4 cup
Eggs – 3 nos
Vanilla Extract – 1/2 teaspoon
All Purpose flour – 1 and 3/4 cups
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Baking powder – 2 teaspoon
Nutella – 1/4 cup
1) Allow the refrigerated butter,eggs and nutella to come down to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 160C(325F). Place cupcake liners in the Muffin tray.
2) In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat them using a whisk till it gets a creamy appearance. It might take approximately 2 minutes.
3) Add one egg at a time and beat the mixture in between until the egg is perfectly blended with the mixture.
4) Add vanilla extract, flour, salt and baking powder and continue mixing until the ingredients are mixed well. The batter will appear thick and difficult to pour. Do not over mix.
5) Using a ice cream scoop or tablespoon, fill the batter in the cupcake liners. If you use tablespoon, fill 2 tablespoon for 1 cupcake liner.
6) They should be 3/4 fill when the batter is over.
7) Top or keep 1/2 teaspoon of nutella on each cupcake batter.
8) Using a toothpick swirl the nutella in with the batter. Make sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella. Do not over swirl the nutella as it might result in the batter oozing out sideways out of of the cup liners during baking.
9) Bake exactly for 20 minutes.
10) Cool and serve with tea or coffee.
Those are gorgeous looking cup cakes dear… Perfect for any nutella addict…
Wow….so cute n delicious cup cakes…so easy one n well done uma 🙂
Thanks Sangee and vimitha. Your worrds are really motivating me. 🙂
wow yummy and inviting cupcake
thanks for topping and hope in future also
wonderful and yummy cupcakes,looks so tempting and inviting too…
bookmarking this recipe….cupcakes looks soft and fabulous uma…yummmmmmmy.
Have gone through few recipes in your blog and they all look yummy 🙂 .. This is an easy and nice recipe … beautiful pics as well … Should appreciate your interest 🙂 …..
wow…beautiful dear…will surely try this recipe cos my son loves nutella….
thanks for visiting my space …. you have nice collection of recipes …. very yummy cupcakes ..too tempting …glad to follow you…
Mmmmmm….lovely cupcakes dear…they look so yummy
a wonderful treat for kids, well explained too
Love the recipe..looks very cute and love it totally.