For me, December is the Friday of every year. Filled with joy, fun and holidays. Though this year I don’t have holidays, needless to say these days are fun filled. Cake and bake this time is quite common and my blog doesn’t look good, if I don’t post anything baked. Does it? Whatever might be your answer, I felt so and dug into my drafts and found out a very old yet opt recipe for this occasion. I feel this is the best way to wish all my dear ones through this post. I tried these cookies long time back from sharmi’s blog which she tried it from here.
Christmas to all of you. Like the colourful candies in these cookies,
wish your life be filled with colours and lots of love.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Idle Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
Makes: 15-18 cookies
All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup + 2 tablespoons
Unsalted butter – 7 tablespoons, at room temperature
Caster sugar – 1/2 cup
Tutti Frutti – 1/3 cup
Milk – 1 to 2 tablespoons
1) In a mixing bowl, take sugar and butter. Cream it till fluffy.
2) Add all purpose flour. Mix well. you will get a lumpy mixture.
3) Add tutti frutti. Mix again.
4) Add 1 tablespoon milk at a time and make sticky dough(not very sticky). I am able to make it with one tablespoons of milk itself. It may vary based on the brand of flour.
5) Form a log out the dough. Make sure the outside part of log is smooth.
6) Cover using a cling wrap / Butter paper and keep inside the freezer for 40 minutes. I kept over night and baked it in the next day morning.
7) After 40 minutes, take the dough log from the freezer.
8) Preheat the oven to 350F / 160C for 10 minutes.
9) Meanwhile, cut the log into slices using a sharp knife.
10) Arrange them in the parchment papper / butter papper / aluminum foil lined baking tray with uniform intervals.
11) Bake it for 10-12 minutes or until the edges starts browning.
12) Cool it for while. They become crisp when they cool down.
13) Store it in an air tight container and enjoy.
1) I found cutting of the dough log after taking it from the freezer since i kept it overnight. So, I kept outside the freezer for sometime before cutting into slices. Even then I was not able to get smooth surfaced cookies.
2) You can add a drop of vanilla extract for nice flavor.
3) Castor sugar is nothing but the powdered sugar.
excellent was looking for egg free biscuit recipe and these look scrumptious cant wait to try recipe
They are looking wonderful!
Cookies look so colorful and gorgeous..perfectly made.I made it couple of years back..
looks so tasty and colorful
Crispy and delicious looking cookies.
the cookies look really crispy and well baked….
Wonderful pics uma..love the cookies
looks so colorful.. perfect…. 🙂
such pretty cookies. perfect christmas treat. merry christmas to you and your family.
The perfect holiday cookie!!
Colorful cookies, and I love freezer cookies, you can make the dough and freeze and bake when you crave for cookies!! The last click is OMG! bookmarking your recipe 🙂
i love these cookies. they look great!
If I want to add egg what would be proportion of liquid. Sorry to impose this on you. U hv a great food blog. Ade
Hi Ade, If you want to add egg, just skip the milk in the recipe. it works well.
Hi Uma. We do not need any baking powder here?
Hi Anonymous, No need of baking powder.