Boondi Raita is a perfect side dish for all Biryani varieties and Parathas. Those who hate onion or other raita can choose this. It has become a big hit among kids.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Boondi – 1 cup
Curd/Yogurt – 1.5 cups
Coriander leaves – 4 strings, finely chopped
Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon / to taste
Cumin seeds / Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black salt – 1/8 teaspoon
Pepper powder – 1/8 teaspoon
Garam masala – a pinch
Salt – to taste
1) In warm water, soak boondi for 10 minutes.
2) After 10 minutes, squeeze the boondi gently and transfer it to another bowl.
3) Beat curd and add 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, 3 strings of chopped coriander leaves, cumin powder, pepper powder, black salt, garam masala and salt. Beat again.
4) Add Boondi now and mix gently.
5) Sprinkle remaining red chilli powder and garnish with coriander leaves.
6) Boondi Raitha is ready. It can be served with rice or chapati.