I hardly have no recipes at hand to post as I am little bit busy in getting ready for diwali. So till Diwali, I thought of posting few simple and handy recipes and here comes the spinach raita first in the queue.
Did you know? It is said to be having yogurt may help you to live longer, that means it may add years to your life.
Preparation + Cooking Time: <15 minutes
Baby Spinach – 2 cups
Yogurt – 1 cups
Black salt / Salt – to taste
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
1) Wash the spinach leaves and microwave for 2 minutes to cook them. You can also cook them in stove top method.
2) Meanwhile, Take thick yogurt in a bowl and beat well.
3) Crush cumin seeds in between your palms and put them in yogurt.
4) Add black salt and red chilli powder. Mix well.
5) Add spinach leaves and mix well. Serve with soya chunks biryani or chicken biryani.
1) You can also add fried onions and ground black pepper to this.
2) Addition of fresh crushed cumin seeds will give good flavor. If you have roasted cumin powder, you can use it instead of cumin seeds.
Looks fantastic Uma, as always your photos are classic. Happy Deepavali to you and your family.
Mmmm…looks really yum..Nice clicks…Wishing you and your family a happy diwali
Luks real healthy and yumm.Luvly clicks.Luv it.Dear Blogger Friend,Wish U a Warm and Happy Diwali.Enjoy the Festivities with taste-filled delights,Safe and Delicious Memorable Moments – Regards, Christy Gerald
Raita looks yummy,eepppaidi uma ippadi photola kalakuriinga.HAPPY DIWALI TO U N UR FAMILY
Healthy & comforting raita!!!! Happy diwali to u and your family 🙂
looks delicious,healthy raitha !!Happy Diwali to you n your family!!!
Wow looks yummy and delicious ….
I love this spinach raita. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Diwali to you and your family.
Amazing, Spinach raita looks fab!!!
A Very happy Diwali to you & your family!!!
Looks very delicious.
Wish you and your family a very happy and safe diwali.
My Recent Post: Boondhi Ladoo
My Recent Post: Kaara Boondhi
simple and yummy raitha…love to have with some stuffed parathas…as usual lovely pictures…
A very happy and peaceful Diwali to you and your family…Enjoy n have fun 🙂
such a healthy raita looks wonderful,happy diwali!!
Nice and healthy raita…
healthy and tasty
sound healthy and comfort, wish you and your family a very happy diwali.
Great presentation and looks healthy! Happy Diwali to you and family ….
Wish you and your family a very happy and prosperous Diwali.
Wonderful preparation of raita. Looks yummy and healthy.
Happy diwali Uma.. Enjoy and this raita looks very creamy and yummy..
Spinach raita looks delicious. Wish you and family a happy and prosperous Diwali.
nice clicks…perfect raita with a pulao!! yumm!