This is my third entry to the Kitchenaid India contest for IFBM 2014. Some how, I am managed to prepare one dish for each category in appetizer, main course and dessert. Never thought that I’ll be making these many dishes at the last moment to participate in this contest. I still have the plums what I bought for preparing these recipes. I might take a day break and prepare a plum tart which is also in my to-do list for long time.
Plum and Bread tikki or cutlets are very to prepare. The bread tend to bind very nicely which allows you to make perfect shaped cutlets without any additional effort. Also, I used quick cooking oats for making the outer coating instead of breadcrumbs. Don’t forget to prepare the dip which perfectly pairs with cutlets and balance the taste.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 7 cutlets
Plum – 4 nos, pitted and finely chopped
Bread slices – 6 nos,
Potato – 1 no, medium size
Onion – 1 no, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 3 cloves
Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
Chat masala – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
All purpose flour – 2 tablespoon
Quick cooking oats / Bread crumbs – as required
Oil – for shallow frying
Thick Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Green chilli – 2 nos.
Mint leaves – few
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Ground cumin – a pinch
1) Pressure cook potato. Meanwhile, remove the four brown sides of the the bread. Crush it well. Remove the seeds from plum and chop it finely. Finely chop onion. Mince ginger and garlic.
2) Once the potato cooked, peel off the skin and mash it.
3) In a mixing bowl, add plums, crushed breads, Potato, Onion, minced ginger and garlic, Red chilli powder, chat masala and salt. Mix well till you get a thick dough kind.
4) Divide into 7 equal sized balls. Slightly press down to form a patty.
6) Dilute all purpose flour in enough water. Spread the oats in a wide plate.
7) Dip one patty into the all purpose flour and immediately roll it in oats.
8) Shallow fry it. Repeat the steps for remaining patties.
9) Serve hot with dip.
1) Beat the yogurt well.
2) Grind green chilli and mint leaves. Mix it with yogurt.
3) Add sugar and ground cumin. Mix well.
1) Since the cutlets give tart taste because of plums, I have added sugar to the dip. Balance it according to the taste of plum.