Whenever I visit Indian shops, I find these scallion pancakes in the frozen section. Once, I bought them along with flaky paratha(which I used for making vegetable kothu paratto) and found the procedure for making it is almost similar to flaky paratha.
After knowing this, I prepared them at home using all purpose flour and wheat flour. The authentic recipe calls only all purpose flour. but, you can use only wheat flour for making it. The taste willbe more or less same.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Idle Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
All purpose flour/ Plain flour/ Maida – 1 cup
Wheat flour/ Atta – 1 cup
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Hot Water – 3/4 cup – 1 cup
Oil – 2-4 tablespoons
Spring onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
1) In a mixing bowl, mix all purpose flour, wheat flour and salt.
2) Add water little at a time and make a soft dough. Knead it for 10 minutes to make smooth dough. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3) After 30 minutes, divide the dough into equal size balls.
4) Take one ball in a floured kitchen surface and roll it to approx.20 CM wide. Make sure the dough is not sticking with the surface.
5) Apply a teaspoon or 2 in the rolled dough’s surface using a brush.
6) Sprinkle a tablespoon of spring onion in the oiled surface.
7) Then, fold it in a zigzag manner(like a chinese fan) and as shown in the picture. You can also roll it like a cigar/rug.
8) At the end, make swirl/snail form as shown in the picture. Press down lightly using your fingers.
9) Gently roll it to 1/8th thickness with 10CM wide.
10) Heat the skillet. When it is hot, place the rolled pancake to it.
11) When one side is cooked, flip to cook other side. Make sure the flame is low to avoid burning outside. Use oil to cook if necessary.
12) When both the sides are cooked, cut into wedges and serve hot with any of your favourite sauce.
good one !
Pancake looks yummy and perfect..
My First Event-SPOTLIGHT:"COLOURFUL HOLI"
Nice goes well with Curd+Sugar garnished with chilli powder and Chat masala.
Again i loved the clicks…
wow yummy parathas with beautiful clicks
never heard of this simply superb
Perfect and yummy!!!
yummy pan cakes with the addition of spring onion….
Looks yum with new flavor
Love the addition of spring onion.
Event : Let’s Cook – Sweet Somethings
Nice flavorful latcha paratha
My culinary Trial room
Ongoing event – Love n Chocolate Fest
Healthy flavourful and yummy, luv it
Very yummy and colorful pancake.
Colorful parathas Uma.
Delicious looking scallion pancakes, loved the detailed description 🙂 nice pics n lovely presentation…
ver nice…i like the way u rolled the pancakes…nice picks too!
very nicely done .. neat and clean work Uma..
wow, just fabulous dear..would have been very flavourful and aromatic ones..
Join the Just "4" Fun event 🙂
Delicious pancakes..yummy yum,lovely clicks as well!!
wow awesome dear.
lovely parathas with spring onion…looks inviting, as always beautiful clicks Uma!!
OnGoing Event:Show Me Your HITS~Healthy Delights
too good.. very diff one
wow uma easy and yummy….
Lovely presentation and very helpful tutorial indeed.
Happy following your blog
name sounds new to me.. but it looks very yummy.. nice clicks uma 🙂
spring onion must have given the paratha a nice flavour, looks delecious
hey….its looking yumm n tasty………
Your parathas always look so perfect!:)
looks wonderfully delicious I am following you tweets @torviewtor
looks delicious uma!!!
this looks simple and yumm too…..
thanks for sharing.