I love Pasta! but I have posted just one Pasta recipe in these 8 months since I started blogging. I will try to post more pasta recipes in the future. Now, I have made a vegetable pasta recipe to start with.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes + 20 minutes for cooking pasta
Uncooked fusilli Pasta – 1 and 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 no, small size, finely sliced
Carrot – 1no, medium size, sliced
Capsicum/Bell pepper – 1 no, any colour, cubed
Eggplant – 1 no, small size, cubed
Potato – 1 no, small size, cubed
Salt – to taste
Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
Milk – 1/2 cup
Cream cheese/Soft cheese – 1/4cup -1/2 cup
Dry herbs – 1 teaspoon (oregano, thyme)
1) Cook pasta as per instructions given in the pack. I cook it by adding water with a teaspoon of oil for 20 minutes in microwave. The time differs depending on your microwave and type of pasta.
2) Once it is cooked, drain the excess water. Keep it aside.
3) Take a pan and heat oil in it. Add onion and saute it well.
4) Add vegetables and salt. Sprinkle little water. Cover and cook it for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Make sure not to overcook the vegetables.
5) While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the sauce for pasta.
6) Heat milk in a saucepan. Add cream cheese. Stir it well to avoid any lumps and continue stirring till you get a creamy texture.
7) Reduce the flame and add dried herbs. Mix well. Let the sauce be in low flame.
8) Now, check the vegetables. If they are done, add the sauce followed by pasta and mix it well on high flame just for a minute.
9) Sprinkle black pepper to taste and mix well.
10) Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot.
1) Add vegetables as per your choice.
2) I used less milk and cream cheese as per my family taste. It is absolutely your choice, to adjust the milk and cream cheese. Add more to get more creaminess in the pasta.
3) If you don’t have cream cheese, use only milk. I have prepared many times only with milk and sometimes substituted with single/heavycream. Still it tasted good.