I love Pasta! but I have posted just one Pasta recipe in these 8 months since I started blogging. I will try to post more pasta recipes in the future. Now, I have made a vegetable pasta recipe to start with.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes + 20 minutes for cooking pasta
Uncooked fusilli Pasta – 1 and 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 no, small size, finely sliced
Carrot – 1no, medium size, sliced
Capsicum/Bell pepper – 1 no, any colour, cubed
Eggplant – 1 no, small size, cubed
Potato – 1 no, small size, cubed
Salt – to taste
Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
Milk – 1/2 cup
Cream cheese/Soft cheese – 1/4cup -1/2 cup
Dry herbs – 1 teaspoon (oregano, thyme)
1) Cook pasta as per instructions given in the pack. I cook it by adding water with a teaspoon of oil for 20 minutes in microwave. The time differs depending on your microwave and type of pasta.
2) Once it is cooked, drain the excess water. Keep it aside.
3) Take a pan and heat oil in it. Add onion and saute it well.
4) Add vegetables and salt. Sprinkle little water. Cover and cook it for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Make sure not to overcook the vegetables.
5) While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the sauce for pasta.
6) Heat milk in a saucepan. Add cream cheese. Stir it well to avoid any lumps and continue stirring till you get a creamy texture.
7) Reduce the flame and add dried herbs. Mix well. Let the sauce be in low flame.
8) Now, check the vegetables. If they are done, add the sauce followed by pasta and mix it well on high flame just for a minute.
9) Sprinkle black pepper to taste and mix well.
10) Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot.
1) Add vegetables as per your choice.
2) I used less milk and cream cheese as per my family taste. It is absolutely your choice, to adjust the milk and cream cheese. Add more to get more creaminess in the pasta.
3) If you don’t have cream cheese, use only milk. I have prepared many times only with milk and sometimes substituted with single/heavycream. Still it tasted good.
Looks delicious and healthy with all those veggies!
creamy and yummy looking pasta…love pasta with more vegs,u added eggplant?? healthy combination, colorful too..
OnGoing Event ~ Dish It Out-Brinjal n Garlic
This looks really good 🙂
Looks colorful uma!
Yes, sangee. I added cubed eggplants.
looks wonderful ans delicious ……
Vegetable pasta looks delicious. I love it.
Vegetable pasta looks delicious. I love it.
yummilicious pasta..simply fabulous!!
Colorful and flavorful pasta.
Pasta looks delicious..I too cook it this way for my kid alone as my hus doesn't like it..
Delicious and colorful looking vegetable pasta. Lovely recipe.
Healthy and delicious recipe…..
such an delicious creamy n healthy pasta.. wholesome..
Delicious and healthy pasta
Woww.. looks absolutely perfect and delicious.. nice presentation too !!
Your pasta looks very delicious. I love the pasta and the vegetables together.
Awesome dish..I would surely love to give it a try..Thank you so much for posting it..
Nice vegetable combination and a lovely creamy sauce.
super delicious and healthy pasta !!
Ongoing Event – CC-Chocolate Fest
wow pasta luks so delicious….superb dear
Healthy combo and looks yummy! I never tried adding milk to pasta, will try this some time…
Wat a terrific and super inviting pasta,my kids love this very much.
Lovely clicks… Yummy creamy pasta
wow…yummy and colorful pasta
Yum yum,mouthwatering here, wat a super tempting pasta…
Pasta is my family's fav.,tried so many versions and urs sound inviting and looks so creamy and delicious.Never thought of adding eggplant to it.Probably my next post would be pasta in Indian style.
Colorful and yummy pasta
Very nice and healthy looking pasta…I love pasta too…Will try your version soon…
Oh my goodness that looks heavenly. Love your blog, beautiful photos and GREAT looking food 😀
hi uma, i feel like i am at a vegetarian blog…yummy veggie pasta, nice pic too.
have a nice day
Yummy Pasta Uma…beautiful captures as usual. Tempting me to gobble that plateful.
Simply fanatastic pasta looks yummy dear..
You have an award at my space please grab it dear..:)
Tempting pics! Simple recipe with delicious outcome! 🙂
Using whole-wheat pasta is even healthier!
yum! i LOVE pasta too, esp chesse sauce based ones. this looks awesome… love the colours 🙂
Me too me too 🙂 I mean me too love pasta and this looks awesome and colorful.
You have an award at my space, pls come and grab it dear..
simple and delicious pasta..Thanx for trying out the carrot cake and thanx a lot for letting me know dear 🙂
wow…so healthy & delicious recipe !! Loved it 🙂 Happy to find your page 🙂
Looks delicious and so healthy.. Loved it. I am announcing Valentines Special – my 1st blog event and a Giveaway.!. Please do be a part of it and send in your recipes..! 🙂
Pasta looks lovely and delicious.