I have started loving various international cuisines. I am trying to prepare a fusion dish by blending the Indian vegetables in different recipes around the world. In simple words, an international cuisine fit for an Indian family. A few samples from my stable are theChickpea Burger, Spinach Pasta and Quick Pizza etc.
Now in a similar manner, I have prepared Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Bruschetta from Anjum Anand’s “I Love Curry”. This fusion dish came out very well and everyone in my family liked it. Next time, I am planning to make my own Indian version of topping thereby trying to experiment more on fusion dishes.
Bruschetta is an Italian Snack or Appetizer which consists of a toasted bread slice topped with meat or any vegetables. It is very easy to prepare and only the topping differs from one variety to another. You can be creative with the selection of the topping so as to make your own version.
Preparation and Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 (Makes 8 slices)
Baguette/Ciabatta/Any Italian loaf – 1 no, cut into 1 inch thinkness diagonally
Paneer – 1/2 cup, crumbled
Capsicum – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
Onion – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons , finely chopped
Cherry/Plum tomatoes – 4 nos, quartered
Olive oil – 1 teaspoon + extra for toasting the bread
Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon / as required
Salt – to taste
1) Take the crumbled panner in the mixing bowl.
2) Add onion, capsicum, coriander leaves and cherry tomatoes. Toss it well.
3) Season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and toss well again. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Keep it aside.
4) Coat both the sides of bread slice with olive oil and toast it in the pan/skillet untill crisp and slightly turns brown.
5) Place generous a or two tablespoon of mixture on the bread slice and serve.
1) Instead of toasting the bread, you can also bake them. Place the bread slices in the 180C preheated oven and bake it for 5 minutes or until crisp.
2) Try to use fresh paneer for best results.