My recipe for the second day of Blogging Marathon is “Paneer Paratha”. Although the methods for making stuffed paratha are similar to each other, some find it a bit difficult to make a perfect paratha.
One of my readers told me that though she followed all the steps mentioned, she still faced difficulty while rolling, as the filling often kept leaking out from the dough. So, I have decided to post another method of making stuffed paratha. This method is easier than the previous one. However, it is up to you to decide your comfort level and choose the method accordingly.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 parathas
Wheat flour/ Atta – 2 cups + extra for dusting
Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Water – 1/2 – 3/4 cup or as required to make dough
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoons or as required for cooking parathas.
Paneer – 2 cups
Green chilli – 2 nos, finely chopped
Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
Amchoor powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
1) Take flour, red chilli powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add water little by litlle and make a soft dough.
2) Coat it with oil. Cover and keep aside.
3) Meanwhile prepare the stuffing.
1) In another mixing bowl or wide plate, crumble paneer.
2) Add green chillies, coriander leaves, amchoor powder and salt. Mix well. Remember to add correct amount of salt as we already added it to dough.
3) Taste and adjust the amchur powder and salt. Keep it aside.
For Making Parathas:
1) Divide the dough into 16 small sized lemon balls. Make sure the size of the balls are identical.
2) Take two identical balls and roll them to approximately 15 CM round disc as we roll for chapathi. Please refer the picture below.
3) In one rolled chapthi, spread a generous tablespoon or more of paneer mixture. Leave little space around the edges.
4) place another rolled chapthi over it and seal the corners. If required, seal it with the help of water.
5) Sligtly roll it using rolling pin. Repeat the steps for making other parathas.
6) Heat the skillet. Cook the paratha with the help of oil.
7) Serve with raita or pickle.
1) With the given measurement, I prepared 8 medium size parathas as shown in picture. However, you may vary this as per your preference. Make it smaller or bigger.
2) Try to use fresh paneer for best results.
Lovely clicks…..great presentation ….and yummy recipe dear!!!
Delicious recipe dear…Lovely presentation as always…
lovely parathas and great pics!
aaha- just lipsmacking parathas- love it !
beautiful clicks my paneer parathas are on the way…
This seems to be an easier way of making parathas…i too find it difficult to make it the normal way
My favorite parathas…
Though this is a easier method, but somehow i find the parathas to be very thick and heavy when made in this way. But as you said depends on individual's comfort level
lovely recipe…superb dear
I love theses parathas. Easy to make with no side dish. Looks yum
Love the setup, pics and the parathas
Paneer paratha looks extremely irresistible and prefectly done,lovely..
Great presentation and looks superb!
These pics are amazing.
Pics are great 🙂 Paratha looks soo yumm
I m adding another woow…perfect version with great cliks
Wonderful presentation Uma. Well explained step by step pics.
Event : Let’s Cook – Rice
So soft & so inviting!!
I was thinking abt these just now and here you posted it :)…looks so tempting
Tempting and yummy parathas the clicks are just amazing and neat step wise pictures
I love this..YUMMY RECIPE..
Thank u for the pictorial description…..i am a huge fan of paneer paratha…looks yum…
Tempting and delicious parathas..superb presentation
i never tried with fresh paneer…..will do that….nice clicks Uma
Delicious and yummy looking paratha,awesome presentation.
your parathas always look so perfect and gorgeous!
super recipe,lovely presentation uma!!
lovely parathas Uma, never tried making parathas this way, will try it next time..looks simple 🙂
Easy way of preparing parathas..looks tempting n good healthy !!
beautiful presentation…parathas looks so inviting n u always got perfect round shaped Parathas 🙂
OnGoing Event ~ Dish It Out-Brinjal n Garlic
Wow wat a delightful and super tempting parathas..
wow this looks yum….awesome clicks.
Lovely space you have! Will be a regular visitor now… Very happy to connect 🙂
Join me @ cookingwithsj.com