I didn’t plan anything for this valentine’s day other than posting some bread based sweet recipe. I referred few of my cook book collections and bookmarked bread halwa recipe to prepare and post on this day.
Last week, One of my friends pinged me and said that she prepared shahi turka and tagged me a photo of that in FB. She also said it turned out super good and tasty. Inspired(Tempted) by her photo, changed my mind from bread halwa to sahi tukra. By the time of preparing it, the idea of making heart shape came into my mind and what you see here is the final outcome. 🙂
Happy Valentine’s day those who celebrate it.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 – 6 persons
Bread slices – 6 nos, preferably thick, white breads
Butter / Oil – 2 – 4 tablespoons
Milk – 1/2 liter, I used full cream milk
Sugar – 1/4 -1/2 cup
Corn flour – 2 teaspoons
Water – 1/2 cup
Almonds, Cashews and Pistachios – 1/4 cup
Cardamom – 2 nos, crushed
Saffron – a big pinch
1) Heat milk in the heavy bottom, deep pan. When it reaches warm temperature, take one or two ladle of milk to a small bowl and add saffron to it. Let it sit till the milk completely boils.
2) When the milk is boiling, reduce the temperature to low.
3) Add saffron soaked milk. Next, mix the corn flour with 1/4 cup of water and add to the milk. Let it sit in stove for sometimes till it reaches slightly thick consistency. Make sure to stir at frequent interval to avoid burning of the bottom part. Add chopped nuts at last. Once done, allow this milk(Rabri) to cool to room temperature.
4) Meanwhile, cut the bread slices into your desired shapes and shallow fry it in a pan or tawa. I cut the bread slices into heart shape. Applied butter both the sides and shallow fried it.
5) Take sugar in another pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Heat till the sugar melts. Add crushed cardamom pods to it. Turn the flame off.
6) Arrange the bread slices in a wide plate.
7) Pour the sugar syrup to the plate where bread slices are arranged. Make sure to coat all bread slices with sugar syrup. Remove and keep aside. If you have leftover sugar syrup, add to the rabri. Else, add 4-5tablespoons of sugar to the rabri. This addition of sugar to rabri is optional. Refrigerate the rabri till you serve.
8) Before serving, pour the Rabri over the bread slices.
9) Garnish with chopped nuts and serve.
1) Increase the sugar quantity as per your taste.
2) Addition of corn flour is optional. I want my rabri to be thick and hence added corn flour.
3) I used 1/2 cup of sugar and I had left over sugar syrup. Added this to the rabri and stored in refrigerator. Before serving, Placed the sugar syrup coated bread slices in the serving plate and poured the rabri. Decorated it with chopped nuts.
Rich and delicious dessert!!Love the way you have customised the bread to the season by cutting it in the shape of heart..
Happy Valentine's day!!
Cute lil hearts! 🙂
Beautiful rich dessert. Happy Valentine's day.
creative dessert…Looks cute and yumm..
great dessert,looks perfect for Valentines!!
Happy Valentines Day, looks yummy.
wow this is so inviting and yummy….nice clicks…
"Healthy Recipe Substitution" – HRS Event and SURPRISE Giveaway – Dec 20th to Mar 20th
Looks rich n delicious… Awesome clicks
Event: Dish name starts with Q till Feb 28th
looks awesome and love the heart shaped shahi tukra…
Yum …looks great and cute ..
royal dessert looks yummy
Love the meetha…looks very yummy.
this looks so rich…yummm
We showcase World's Best Recipes to our readers daily and currently looking to help food bloggers gain more exposure.
We would like to invite you to join our community of food blogger and want to feature some of your best recipes on our website.
Our Members' content is displayed on worldsrecipeshub.com in this format:
And Your Recipes Gallery will be displayed like this : Cooking With Siri
As you can see we link the full recipe back to your site.
Register your blog here worldsrecipeshub.com
Thats a perfect recipe for valentines day..looks nice
Great idea of shaping them into little hearts..Looks damn yummy!!!
Its in my to do list for a long time… Looks so tempting…
Very romantic and damn delicious..Beautifully done.
This is delish!love it.
Looks creamy n delicious… Awesome clicks
nice clicks and dish too.
Wow, my hubby wants to eat this and got the recipe here.
WIll surely try this.
very very appealing n liked the way of toasting bread instead of deep frying… tempting me more…
Loved this simple and delicious treat.Your pictures are so appealing and tempting.
Delicious creamy treat…Loved the cute heart shapes..
Wonderful!!, one of my fav dessert, nicely done and clicked
great idea of cutting out heart from a bread slice…recipe looks awesome