When I prepared Samosa bread cups and Shahi tukra, I had lots of bread crusts left and I didn’t want to waste them as they were in large quantity. I remembered this soup recipe from Jeyashri’s site and made use the bread crusts for making this soup. I additionally added tomatoes to this soup along with tomato ketchup and used olive oil instead of butter. It came out well with creamy consistency. In case, if you don’t have bread crust, you can also use leftover bread slices for making this soup.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Bread slices – 5 – 6 nos (leftover, side crust would do. I used 3 breads and crust from 6 bread slices)
Ripe Tomato – 3 nos, medium size, finely chopped
Onion – 1 nos, small size, finely chopped
Garlic – 5 cloves, finely chopped
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Red chilli flakes – 2 teaspoons
Salt – to taste
Tomato ketchup – 2 teaspoons
Oregano – 1/2 teaspoons
Water – 3-4 cups
Black pepper powder – as required
1) In a saucepan, heat oil. When it is hot and not smoking, add garlic and onion. Saute till they become golden brown.
2) Add tomato and continue sauteing. Saute till the tomatoes are mashed well.
3) Add red chilli flakes and salt. Mix well.
4) Add bread slices now and saute it again.
5) Add a cup of water and mix well. Cover and cook till the bread slices become soft and mussy. Add tomato ketchup. Mix well.
6) Allow it to cool and blend it to a smooth paste.
7) Add remaining cups of water to the blended paste and heat it again. Increase or decrease the water quantity as per your desired consistency.
8) Add oregano and mix well. Taste and adjust the spice and salt level.
9) Bring to boil. turn the flame off.
10) Serve hot by sprinkling black pepper powder.
1) The soup has slightly thick consistency. If you want, you can add more or reduce water as per personal preference.
2) Add Italian seasoning if your prefer.
3) Increase the tomato quantity if you prefer.
yummy soup.. it can be a meal by itself..
Super yummy and healthy soup…looks so tempting.
This looks great Uma! must have tasted delicious
Delicious and mouthwatering bread soup.
looks yummy and very very delectable…
Thats A unique soup..looks so creamy and yummy 🙂
wow yummy soup,luks delicious…
Thanks for trying out uma, Perfect and comforting soup. Nice presentation
i too bookmarked this recipe, am yet to try it…soup looks so creamy n delicious…inviting clicks!
great recipe…i would love to have this soup for dinner…yumm yummm
Tempting & comforting soup..I had bookmarked this recipe too..Must try it soon..Looks so good!!
Looks delicious Uma…a hearty soup
the soup looks really tempting.. wonderful clicks.. btw thx for ur words at my space… my health is ok now.. 🙂
very appetizing soup….awesome clicks
delicious and hearty soup..
Hearty and comforting soup..Prefect soup for chilled evening supper.
wonderful pictures 🙂 i wanted to try this for long time ~!
We showcase World's Best Recipes to our readers daily and currently looking to help food bloggers gain more exposure.
We would like to invite you to join our community of food blogger and want to feature some of your best recipes on our website.
Our Members content is displayed on worldsrecipeshub.com in this format:
And Your Recipes Gallery will be displayed like this : Cooksjoy
As you can see we link the full recipe back to your site.
Register your blog here worldsrecipeshub.com
Worlds Recipes Hub Team