I bookmarked this amla lemonade from Priya of Priya’s versatile recipes. After trying it couple of times, it became one of my favorite amla drinks after this one. Once I made it for my parents and they also liked it much. A perfect drink to try!
Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Indian Gooseberry / Amla / Nellikkai – 4 nos.
Lemon – 1 no.
Sugar – 1/4 cup or as required
Water – 2-3 cups
Ice cubes – as required
1) De-seed the amla and cut into wedges.
2) With the help of little water, grind it to a smooth paste using a Indian mixie.
3) Use a fine sieve and filter only juice from it.
4) Add lemon juice from one lemon.
5) Add sugar and water. Stir well until the sugar dissolves completely. Taste and adjust the water and sugar.
6) Add ice cubes and serve immediately.
1) Choose the yellow and big variety of gooseberry for making this amla lemonade. Tender gooseberries taste bitter and you need more sugar for making amla lemonade.
Even its our favourite, unfortunately gooseberries are very limited here and we were rarely..Beautiful captures Uma,thanks for trying.
I love gooseberries. We dont get them here in the U.S. Would just eat it with some salt and chili powder. I think it would be very tasty to have it in a drink.
Wow! Looks refreshing and delicious! Awesome clicks! 🙂 rita-bose-cooking.com
Thanks a lot Uma for posting this healthy and refreshing amla lemonade. Pics looks excellent.
Very healthy lemonade recipe!! I love gooseberries and I keep munching on them whenever I can find them…
wow so nutritious.even kids will have it
super click.. very healthy and refreshing drink
healthy and refreshing drink.
looks super yummy 🙂 lovely clicks dear 🙂
beautiful clicks Uma..The drink looks absolutely refreshing
lovely uma nice drink very healthy for diabetic patients my grandpa drinks it everyday without sugar added to it.I love it.
it is so good when health and taste come hand in hand just like they do in this recipe, great sip 🙂
Wow, miss those healthy berries down here, get all the other berries.. Loved that shot & the lovely lemonade 🙂
Refreshing and healthy! Thanks for sharing.