The Popsicle is a word derived from lolly pop and icicle. It is also called as ice pops. It is a frozen drink on a stick which is very popular during summer. Kids who hesitate to drink juices would like this popsicle.
It just needs a fruit for making a simple popsicle and a mold. If you don’t have any mold, you may ice cube tray, small yogurt containers, tumblers and plastic cups as molds. But you may need to insert the Popsicle stick while it is setting/freezing.
I love to give Popsicle to my kid. Most of the time i prepare Popsicle without any added sugar.
Here, I have prepared a simple Popsicle with fresh pineapple and flavored it using mint leaves. You can go with any of your favorite fruit as per your liking and the options are endless.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Freezing time 5 hours
Pineapple chunks – 3 cups
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Mint leaves – 15
Method with step by step pictures:
1) Clean and cut the pineapple into 1 inch cubes.
2) Add the pineapple chunks in the juicer.
3) Add sugar to it. The pineapple I used is very sweet and I used only 1/4 cup. You may need to vary the sugar quantity according to the sweetness of the pineapple.
4) Add the mint leaves.
5) Extract the juice by blending it in the juicer.
6) The taste of the juice should be very sweet. Once it freezes as popsicle, the sweetness would be reduced.
7) Place one mint leaf in each popsicle mold.
8) Pour the pineapple mint juice to it.
9) Freeze it in the freezer for 5 hours.
10) After 5 hours, unmold the popsicle by dipping it in the water and enjoy.
It is easy to go dish that can be enjoyed anytime especially during summer.
1) Instead of white sugar, you can replace it with any of your favorite sweetener.
2) The blender I used would automatically extract the fiber from the fruit while extracting. If you use the normal blender, then filter it to remove the fiber, before pouring it into popsicle mold.