Summer is peak here now and I am getting few emails to post some summer drinks to cool our body. So, this week I am planning to post only beverages to beat the heat.
My first recipe for this week is tender coconut palm sugar cooler. I got this recipe from aval vikadan, a tamil monthly magazine. Usually, We drink fresh tender coconut as it is. After reading about this simple drink from that book, I tried once and found it to be a different one. It gives some unique taste and also it is very simple to make. By adding palm sugar to it, you grab all the heath benefits from tender coconut water and palm sugar.
Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Tender coconut water – 2 cups (from 2 small tender coconuts)
Tender coconut flesh – 1/2 cup, chopped
Palm Sugar / Panakarkandu – 1 tablespoon
1) Pour filtered tender coconut water in a large bowl.
2) Make a powder of palm sugar using a mixer or coffee grinder.
3) Add the powdered palm sugar to the tender coconut water. Mix using a spoon till it dissolves.
4) Add chopped coconut flesh to it. Mix again.
5) Refrigerate till it is ready to serve. Mix well before serving.
1) Change the Palm sugar quantity based your taste buds.
OMG! Looks inviting n very refreshing …
healthy drink..awesome combo….
Todays recipe: 7aumsuvai.com/2013/04/ashoka-halwa-300th-post-with-video.html
i miss this here in US, perfect summer cooler.
Wow! Thanks for sharing the recipe from the magazine.
Omg, wat an incredible drink, prefect summer cooler…
wow.. thats a super duper refreshing drink.. 🙂
Very refreshing and cool drink !!
wow very intersting!will surely try!
Lovely combination, its so cool and refreshing!
super refreshing drink uma 🙂
Perfect Cooler Uma, Would love to finish it anytime
A perfect thrist quencher on these hot days.