Indian curry trail wishes you a very happy new year !!!I just took a break from blogging and it is almost a year since I updated my blog. However I’ve been keeping my culinary experience active through other social media sites like Facebook, twitter and Instagram.
Over the past few months, I am super active on Instagram. Whenever I post a dish on my instagram account, visitors used to ask me a recipe, so I thought I need to revive my blogging. Amidst my personal and official commitments, it is becoming quite difficult to publish recipe on a daily basis. So I limit myself by updating one recipe a week.
Here comes the first entry of the year and my first ever attempt from my end to shoot a video. Please view and make sure to comment and subscribe it. Thank you!
Ghee – 2 tablespoons
Cloves – 3
Cardamom – 2
Cinnamon – 1
Bay leaves – 1
Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Cashew nuts – 2 tablespoons
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Green chilli – 2 numbers, slit
Onion – 1 , sliced
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Basmathi Rice – 1 cup
Coconut milk – 2 cups
Salt – to taste
1. Wash the basmati rice 2 or 3 times and soak it for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, slice onion, slit green chilli and mince ginger and garlic.2. In a pan, add two tablespoons of Ghee and let it melt down completely.
3. Add the spices ( clove, cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon and fennel seeds) and fry till it releases nice aroma. Then add cashew nuts and fry till golden brown.(Not shown in the step wise pictures but in video)
4. Add curry leaves and green chilli
5. Add onion and saute till it is translucent.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and let the raw smell go off.7. Add finally chopped coriander leaves and saute for few seconds
8. Drain the water from basmathi Rice and add to the pan and saute a minute.
9. Add coconut milk and salt to taste. Mix well.
10. Cover the pan using lid and let it cook well till the water is absorbed.
11. Once cooked, fluffy it and transfer the rice to a wide pan to avoid sticking together.
12. Serve hot with any of your favorite gravy.