The Name ‘Baby Potatoes’ sounds cute right?. As the name suggests they are very tender and removed from soil before they completely grow up.
I usually prepare potato gravy using baby potatoes.But for a change this time, I cooked Baby Potatoes using Mint (Pudhina).
Baby Potatoes – 250 gms
Mint leaves – 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Green chillies – 3 Nos
Salt – to taste
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida – A pinch
Oil – 4 teaspoon
1) Grind Mint leaves, Coriander leaves, Green chilies and salt. Make a paste out of it.
2) Boil Baby potatoes and peel its skin carefully.
3) Gently pierce the all sides of the potatoes using a fork.
4) Apply the mint paste on the potatoes. Mix them well and leave them aside for an hour.
6) After an hour, take a pan and heat oil in it.
7) Add cumin seeds.
8) When cumin seeds start to splutter, add asafoetida and the potatoes to the pan.
9) Fry the mint potatoes till the potatoes become golden yellow.
10) Remove them from stove and serve it hot.